Oasis...

Moston_blue said:
Banned Tosspot said:
They made a good album of tracks in ten years?

Songbird is truly awful.

No - that was an example of 10 songs (album) - i could go on.

Songbird is a great pop song. Its even better when 60,000 are dancing about to it
Dancing to Songbird? Being drunk is good I guess.

Oh and Go Let it Out rips off Strawberry Fields.

My top 10, and man was this a tough list....

10. D'ya Know What I Mean
9. Live Forever
8. Fucking in the Bushes
7. Talk Tonight
6. It's Good to be Free
5. Falling Down
4. Cast No Shadow
3. Don't Go Away
2. Roll With It
1. Listen Up

Oasis are the best band of this generation and Liam Gallagher is the best frontman. Both of them are proper City fans, am always surprised how blues that have been successful get slagged off on here like the Gallagher or Hatton, its obviously jealousy as much as anything. Whether or not you like the albums after Whats the Story, no-one can argue that they are the best live band around at the minute, nothing can compare to hearing 60,000+ singing every word to the tunes that defined the past 20 years. Very very sad to see them go but have a sneaky feeling that this isnt the last we have seen from Oasis.....

Bigga said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Yeah you are Bigga.

I find The Carpenters immensely enjoyable to listen to... as well as The Osmonds. Now, what makes my view any less appealing as it's subjective to what I find delightful? As opposed to what I find ordinary... i.e., Oasis.

Ordinary? What a load of shite! 2 million people applied for Knebworth tickets, hardly ordinary is it? They have just (almost) finished a huge stadium tour with every venue sold out, to call that ordinary is complete rubbish. Whether you appreciate their music or not there is no way you can label them an ordinary band.....

True_Blue69 said:
Bigga said:
I find The Carpenters immensely enjoyable to listen to... as well as The Osmonds. Now, what makes my view any less appealing as it's subjective to what I find delightful? As opposed to what I find ordinary... i.e., Oasis.

Ordinary? What a load of shite! 2 million people applied for Knebworth tickets, hardly ordinary is it? They have just (almost) finished a huge stadium tour with every venue sold out, to call that ordinary is complete rubbish. Whether you appreciate their music or not there is no way you can label them an ordinary band.....
Spice Girls and Take That have big stadium tours.

Means fuck all.

True_Blue69 said:
Oasis are the best band of this generation and Liam Gallagher is the best frontman. Both of them are proper City fans, am always surprised how blues that have been successful get slagged off on here like the Gallagher or Hatton, its obviously jealousy as much as anything. Whether or not you like the albums after Whats the Story, no-one can argue that they are the best live band around at the minute, nothing can compare to hearing 60,000+ singing every word to the tunes that defined the past 20 years. Very very sad to see them go but have a sneaky feeling that this isnt the last we have seen from Oasis.....
Wrong and yes I can argue.

They've been shite since the mid nineties.

Banned Tosspot said:
True_Blue69 said:

Go on then, who are the best band of the past 15 years?

Have you been to see them at any point since the mid nineties? If so, you would know they havent been shit.

True_Blue69 said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Have you been to see them at any point since the mid nineties? If so, you would know they havent been shit.
You and most Oasis fans are going off past glories. Their albums have declined in quality along with Liam's voice.

The best band of the last 15 years is irrelevant as whatever I would say would be disagreed with by you.

If they were rags, you'd hate them. Oh but isn't Noel funny eh?

I don't think their later material is as bad as some people make out. Admittedly they've chosen the wrong songs as singles time and time again, always opting for the most 'Oasisy' tracks as opposed to the best.

I'd rate their albums

Definitely Maybe 9
What's The Story 8
Be Here Now 7
Standing 6
Heathen 8
Don't Believe 8
Dig Out Your Soul 8

Their more recent work has been more mature and less immediate.

Just my opinion though.

Banned Tosspot said:
True_Blue69 said:

You and most Oasis fans are going off past glories. Their albums have declined in quality along with Liam's voice.

The best band of the last 15 years is irrelevant as whatever I would say would be disagreed with by you.

If they were rags, you'd hate them. Oh but isn't Noel funny eh?

So you cant name one then? Ill take that as agreement with me. Nice one.

One last point, these past glories, are you bracketing Heaton Park in june as 'past glory' cos that was one of the best Oasis gigs Ive been to out of at least 13 different gigs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.