Oasis...

True_Blue69 said:
Oasis are the best band of this generation and Liam Gallagher is the best frontman. Both of them are proper City fans, am always surprised how blues that have been successful get slagged off on here like the Gallagher or Hatton, its obviously jealousy as much as anything. Whether or not you like the albums after Whats the Story, no-one can argue that they are the best live band around at the minute, nothing can compare to hearing 60,000+ singing every word to the tunes that defined the past 20 years. Very very sad to see them go but have a sneaky feeling that this isnt the last we have seen from Oasis.....

Agreed. What band has produced better tunes, or should I say anthems and got a bigger fanbase than Oasis. None. Kasabian are the only band to come close to Oasis since they formed. They dont sell out stadium tours for being average. When people say they only produced two albums is just stupid. Dont Believe The Truth was an amazing album, and soo was Be Here Now. The Masterplan was also good. What bands have produced that many good albums and still managed too keep there massive fanbase? Like to add that Oasis made City money playing twice at Maine Road and at CoMs.

Banned Tosspot said:
Moston_blue said:
No - that was an example of 10 songs (album) - i could go on.

Songbird is a great pop song. Its even better when 60,000 are dancing about to it
Dancing to Songbird? Being drunk is good I guess.

Oh and Go Let it Out rips off Strawberry Fields.

nothing wrong with ripping off strawberry fields, thats what makes it good. Everyone has been ripping everyone off since Elvis.

Anyway - its all about opinions at the end of the day

HellasLEAF said:
My top 10, and man was this a tough list....

10. D'ya Know What I Mean
9. Live Forever
8. Fucking in the Bushes
7. Talk Tonight
6. It's Good to be Free
5. Falling Down
4. Cast No Shadow
3. Don't Go Away
2. Roll With It
1. Listen Up

While a tremendous list, its let down badly with the omission of the mighty 'Masterplan'

Cheltblue said:
HellasLEAF said:
My top 10, and man was this a tough list....

10. D'ya Know What I Mean
9. Live Forever
8. Fucking in the Bushes
7. Talk Tonight
6. It's Good to be Free
5. Falling Down
4. Cast No Shadow
3. Don't Go Away
2. Roll With It
1. Listen Up

While a tremendous list, its let down badly with the omission of the mighty 'Masterplan'

while I agree it belongs in every top 10 as one of their very best tracks, I just don't repeat listen to it enough. something like don't look back in anger, a great track I listen to rarely. these tracks I listen to over and over is all.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I don't think their later material is as bad as some people make out. Admittedly they've chosen the wrong songs as singles time and time again, always opting for the most 'Oasisy' tracks as opposed to the best.

I'd rate their albums

Definitely Maybe 9
What's The Story 8
Be Here Now 7
Standing 6
Heathen 8
Don't Believe 8
Dig Out Your Soul 8

Their more recent work has been more mature and less immediate.

Just my opinion though.

hmmm, not bad. I think Heathen Chemistry was a bit average, but I agree with the rest.

I think the band's most underrated album is Be Here Now. it never got it's just dues as the 'album to follow Morning Glory'. so many great tracks there.

The bottom line is, Oasis are one of the biggest bands of a generation, and fair enough they've made some average, even shit, tunes, but they've also produced some cracking stuff. People love to hate, and feel enpowered by being in a minority and picking out flaws of others, but the facts are, Oasis are/were massive, and will be missed. It's gonna be interesting to see what's the next step for them all anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.