Oasis...

Banned Tosspot said:
Dubai Blue said:
The opening two bars. Fucking hell, call the cops.
That's the Happy Mondays!

They were a talented yet mad bunch of wankers.

Bwahahahahahahahaha! We are seeing you at your witty best today. Happy Mondays and 'talented' in the same sentence...

Lemme guess - you've got two mates in a band who agree with you...

Keep it up tosspot.

BillyShears said:
Banned Tosspot said:
That's the Happy Mondays!

They were a talented yet mad bunch of wankers.

Bwahahahahahahahaha! We are seeing you at your witty best today. Happy Mondays and 'talented' in the same sentence...

Keep it up tosspot.
Like I said, I will.

I know Alan Wren btw. How good am I at name dropping?

Banned Tosspot said:
BillyShears said:

Keep it up tosspot.
Like I said, I will.

I don't think Reni even constitutes a dropped name. You shoulda come to Blackburn, we could've had a pint and you could've got over whatever hangups you have about me...next time hey.

Banned Tosspot said:
HellasLEAF said:
what makes me laugh is people saying they are done, haven't been good in a while, etc etc...when their very last album had such brilliant tracks as Falling Down and Shock of the Lightning on it.
Am I and others not allowed to know those tracks are crap?

I always get the impression that Oasis obsessed fans haven't got a clue about music. Two of my mates are in two different bands and have the same opinion.
It's a stupid argument. You don't know those songs are crap, you think they are crap. And you're perfectly entitled to that opinion. As is everyone who thinks they're great.

And your second assumption is just ridiculous. Music is completely subjective. You don't have to be a classical composer, Grade 8 pianist, or memeber of a local pub band to have an opinion on whether a song is good or not. If you like it, you think it's good. If you don't like it, you think it's bad. It's not rocket science.

You're suggesting that someone's tastes can be directly linked to their knowledge of the subject, which is rubbish. If you don't like quail eggs, it doesn't mean you don't know anything about food, it just means you don't like quail eggs. And vice versa.

People don't actually give a shit about the composition behind a song. They just care about whether it makes them feel good or not. I'm sure most of Mozart's stuff is fascinating from a composition point of view and self-proclaimed music experts probably wank off over it, but I'd much rather listen to Cigarettes & Alcohol whilst jumping around in a pub like an idiot.

BillyShears said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Like I said, I will.

I don't think Reni even constitutes a dropped name. You shoulda come to Blackburn, we could've had a pint and you could've got over whatever hangups you have about me...next time hey.
I was ill and wouldn't have spoke to you after your comments about my family.

Dubai Blue said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Am I and others not allowed to know those tracks are crap?

I always get the impression that Oasis obsessed fans haven't got a clue about music. Two of my mates are in two different bands and have the same opinion.
It's a stupid argument. You don't know those songs are crap, you think they are crap. And you're perfectly entitled to that opinion. As is everyone who thinks they're great.

And your second assumption is just ridiculous. Music is completely subjective. You don't have to be a classical composer, Grade 8 pianist, or memeber of a local pub band to have an opinion on whether a song is good or not. If you like it, you think it's good. If you don't like it, you think it's bad. It's not rocket science.

You're suggesting that someone's tastes can be directly linked to their knowledge of the subject, which is rubbish. If you don't like quail eggs, it doesn't mean you don't know anything about food, it just means you don't like quail eggs. And vice versa.

People don't actually give a shit about the composition behind a song. They just care about whether it makes them feel good or not. I'm sure most of Mozart's stuff is fascinating from a composition point of view and self-proclaimed music experts probably wank off over it, but I'd much rather listen to Cigarettes & Alcohol whilst jumping around in a pub like an idiot.
T-Rex rip off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.