Oasis...

svennis pennis said:
I imagine Gem will probably work with Liam on his solo stuff. He really has the ability to bring out some blindingly good tunes with him. Outta time, Love Like a Bomb, Born on a Different Cloud.

Dont give a shit about Robbie Williams drummer. I like Andy and hope he features in one of the solo line ups.

Liams voice had disintegrated live and I had wished they had become a studio band about 5 years ago rather than playing live.

Still its a shame for music and im sure we will hear what happened over due course.

I just hope they go all out for it on their solo record away from the constraints of oasis. I would love to hear a Lim record produced by someone like the prodigy or death in vegas.

i agree totally. stated this on here many times. his voice is shot to bits now.its a shame but the kid can't cut it live anymore.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Noel and Weller will probably collaborate more now,which may be a good thing.
Liam will probably try to recreate the "mountain of charlie" scene from Scarface for a while,which may seem like a good thing,but probably isn't.
I personally think that they should have split after the 1st album,as they were never going to better that.
In fairness,not many other bands have either.
youve not heard quos first album then lol

Gutted about this was the best band by far for me, always be legends though

Proper wound, spent many a time in the mid 90's belting out their tunes wither in the house or on the jukebox, Seen em live too many times to remember.
Wouldnt mind seeing Noel join up with Ian Brown, Mani and Zak Starkey though.

svennis pennis said:
I imagine Gem will probably work with Liam on his solo stuff. He really has the ability to bring out some blindingly good tunes with him. Outta time, Love Like a Bomb, Born on a Different Cloud.

Dont give a shit about Robbie Williams drummer. I like Andy and hope he features in one of the solo line ups.

Unfair to call him 'Robbie Williams drummer', he made his name in The La's a band Oasis have attempted on some level to emulate since day one. I love The La's and Oasis and think he's a really good drummer. He did drum for the fat dancer from Stoke but we all have bills to pay and after working with Lee Mavers it's no surprise he opted to work with someone relatively sane in the guise of Williams.

Agreed re Gem and Liam, wouldn't be surprised if Liam ropes in Johnny Marr either for his solo material. That is if he intends on doing anything solo. Agreed re Death In Vegas as producers too. I'd like to see Liam and a few cohorts knock out a weird psychedelic album whilst Noel collects his thoughts and hits back with a really strong album of his own.

Born On A Different Cloud would be a great example of Gem, Liam and Marr working together. Love that tune!

BillyShears said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

I'm sure there will be lots of snide things said over the coming days about Oasis...

I was there tonight. It is fucking devastating to see people you love, admire, and have looked up to, implode on this level. Oasis will always be the band who changed my life. They are the band of our generation. Inextricably linked with my teenage years, my twenties, and beyond. I was there at the Academy, Maine Road, and so many shows beyond that. Only a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking one of our first team to see Oasis and meet them for the first time. City was one of the few constants they had in their life...

Whatever happens, when everything will be said and done, Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory will live on in the same way the first Sex Pistols album, the way Sgt Pepper, Harvest, Nevermind, and plethora of other albums will live on.

"...you and I we're gonna live forever..."

What sentimental clap trap!! Imagine if I'd have written similar about Elano!! You'd be all over it like white on rice!!

So, let's equate it, shall we?

Oasis were good, not 'world class'. They could pull it out if they could be ars*d, but that was too far in between decent performances and they certainly whinged a lot to the press!! They've continued to live on past glories and it was time for them to move on!

See? Perfect!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.