Official: 2009/10 Seasoncard news

eato said:
Dubai Blue said:
Great news. Well played City.

I wonder how the press can turn this into a negative!!

"man city reduce season tickets prices in a desperate attempt to bolster their floundering matchday support at eastlands, also know as the council house"

There you go if the a mirror journo comes on here I've done his job for him
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/manchester-city-destroy-the-world.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/manchester-city ... world.html</a>

Manchester, Feb 10 2009 - Manchester City's heartless TRILLIONAIRE owners today delivered a sensational snub to the hundreds of thousands of Britons recently made UNEMPLOYED by the global economic crisis, as well as to the victims of Israel's ATTACK on Gaza and the WILDFIRES in Victoria, Australia.

Choosing to ignore any semblance of humanity and compassion, the relegation-threatened club's ARAB owners have announced discounts of up to 17% on the cost of season tickets. But incredibly, the mega-rich Mansour family - which hails from the same region of the world as 9/11 TERRORIST mastermind Osama Bin Laden - have opted not to pass these savings onto the UK's Department of Social Services in order to help ease the burden of surging unemployment benefits caused by the CREDIT CRUNCH.

And in an unbelievably crass judgment call, Sheikh Mansour, who became a LAUGHING STOCK after his bungled attempt to sign former World Player of the Year Kaka, will be passing savings onto "Citeh's" supporters, who count CONVICTED CROOK Nick Leeson amongst their ranks, rather than donating them to charities working on behalf of victims in Gaza and Australia.

"It's pure greed and selfishness on a MASSIVE scale," said Manchester resident Terry Christian, 48, himself a victim of the uncontrollable rise in unemployment. "Some of these so-called supporters have only been following their team for 33 years without seeing them win a trophy. Why should they be rewarded ahead of the world's real VICTIMS? Some of these people are suffering MASSIVELY, yet this Iraqi bloke is just flinging money at football supporters. It smacks of BITTERNESS if I'm being completely honest"

As well as lag FRAUDSTER Leeson, Manchester City count rock 'n' roll hellraisers Liam and Noel Gallagher as supporters. Foul-mouthed Liam once snarled at a photographer and SPAT on stage during a concert, while older brother Noel regularly boasts about going on COCAINE binges in his younger days, seemingly oblivious to the DEATH and destruction that this drug has wrought upon Britain's youth.

The team plays at the City of Manchester Stadium in the northern city's RUN-DOWN Beswick district. Supporters of all-conquering local rivals United mockingly call it the Council House after the ground was given to the club completely FREE OF CHARGE following the 2004 Commonwealth Games.

Meanwhile, Manchester City's own classless brand of "supporters" are famous for MOCKING the dead of the 1958 Munich Air Disaster by setting off fireworks and BOOING during the minute's silence at the start of last season's Manchester Derby at United's Theatre of Dreams in Old Trafford, the country's biggest and most prestigious football stadium. The Blues, then managed by serial SEX ADDICT and England FAILURE Sven Goran Eriksson, fortuitiously won the game 2-1 after withstanding a blistering display of fine attacking football from Sir Alex's brave boys.

;-)

I thought it was going to be 20%, but hey I'm not complaining. Well done for it City. First season ticket reduction in our history, and an example to the rest of the league....who will no doubt come out and say "well they can afford to do it, they're ruining football blah blah" but f**k em.

So really, with the VAT reduction on top, doesn't it work out at about a 10% reduction?

Also the deferring of renewels is the best news for me. After forking out a shed load for UEFA Cup tickets, I'm well skint, and just couldn't afford a new season ticket at the moment. This is good news for me.

Let's see if other clubs follow suit or will a club not too far away be increasing their season ticket prices?

Our owners are to be applauded, the March renewal date was brought in by Wardle and his regime to try and reduce some of the clubs debt in the early part of the year.

Also any reduction in the present economic climate is most welcome.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I was hoping for more but I was probably expecting too much (like a lot of otehr people on here I expect)

At the end of the day you can gurantee that there will be some top quality footballers coming to play for us in the summer and considering that the club is going to be continually invested in heavily any sort of a drop is great really as any other club would be charging more

i think the bulk of season ticket holders will still be paying more than they were before last years hike, even though down on this year.

considering most games have swathes of empty blue seats in the 3rd tiers, i dont understand why these seats are not made available for families.

ie family of four for 800 quid.

cannot say i am overwhelmed with the announcement, and get the feeling my seat will still be pretty much the same price, and the only decent reductions will be for 16/17 years olds, which wont make a difference to 95% of the crowd.

I paid early last year and got my ticket for £508? i think.

I hope its 7% off £508 and not the full price or ive basically saved fuck all.

Can't see how anyone can view this as negative. We are already one of the cheapest in the league and now we will be even more so. Add the squad improvements and the addition of a world star in robinho and I think its a good deal. If you look at the other clubs who offer the cheaper season tickets you will find Bolton and Sunderland. I know who I would rather watch.

johnmc said:
Can't see how anyone can view this as negative. We are already one of the cheapest in the league and now we will be even more so. Add the squad improvements and the addition of a world star in robinho and I think its a good deal. If you look at the other clubs who offer the cheaper season tickets you will find Bolton and Sunderland. I know who I would rather watch.

Depends what your position is really, im already skint as fuck, as are many people at the minute.

I was expecting a bigger reduction, especially with the extra 5% TV money.

Ill hold off moaning about anything until they release the actual ticket prices, but it already looks like ill be paying the same as last year as they wont be doing the early buying thing again.

Can anyone remember how much a level 3 Season Card cost again?

johnmc said:

not really negative, just not really ground breaking.

the current financial climate dictates whether pepole can go to the match, and if most of the seats at city are still around the 500 quid mark, then we wont fill the stadium.

the ends only hold approx 12000/13000, of which 3000 go to away fans, and the top tier to families in the north stand, that doesnt leave many cheaper seats for city fans.

other than the "big 4" the top tiers are 1/2 empty, yet i would happily sit down the side, but i cannot afford the outlay for 2 down the side, and i would bet there are lots in this position.

so, yes the price are ok, but not fantastic, and wont have much impact on the crowds.

Sorry I didnt mean to come across as unsympathic to indiduals circumstances, just think we are improving on what are already one of the cheapest in the league despite having a better class of player. We have scored more home goals then anyone this season.

Agree its not really gonna encourage that many new fans I suppose but it was never going to be cut in half really. Just say the arabs reduced the season tickets down to £250. Then in 5 years they sell up. The new people can't sustain that level of prices so double the price - there would be uproar.

I'm afraid season ticket prices can't follow the economic climate because if they did and doubled in better economic times there would still be uproar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.