Official: 2009/10 Seasoncard news

Piss poor to be honest,considering we're overcharged anyway and i don't mean in comparison
to other clubs i mean in general especially with the new contracts from TV I think our owners might have given us a bit more back and shown the way to other clubs also.
Very dissapointed I have to get myself and son season cards I think for just this season maybe
City could have helped thier supporters with a little financial lift

Applause for DubaiBlue

Just one complaint though. What about the BLATANT snub to the NHS? I thought we would show some HEART and build a couple of likkle kiddies hospitals.

Colins Bellend said:
Piss poor to be honest

How is it piss poor?? I know times are hard for people. But that doesnt mean prices come down drasitcally. Food prices have gone up. Domestic bills gone up.

Have cinema, Opera or concert tickets gone down at all? Has Council tax been reduced. If the council improved their services noticeably, and gave you a 7% discount would you ridicoule them or applaud them?

An example of the sympathetic economic climate elsewhere:

My Cineworld Unlimited card went up from 10.99 to 11.99 at some point last year. Theyve upped it to 13.50 starting next month. Cancelled immediately. So did my other half. £27 a month to watch films in an already overpriced establishment.

Maybe one for the off-topic sometime...

johnmc said:
Colins Bellend said:
Piss poor to be honest

How is it piss poor?? I know times are hard for people. But that doesnt mean prices come down drasitcally. Food prices have gone up. Domestic bills gone up.

Have cinema, Opera or concert tickets gone down at all? Has Council tax been reduced. If the council improved their services noticeably, and gave you a 7% discount would you ridicoule them or applaud them?
Quite right mate but i don't have to go to concerts ,operas or the cinema as i dont have to go to City although i allways will. Do not forget my friend 2.5% is VAT so now down to 5%
and if you read through the statement it is not for everybody there are no reductions in some areas. Every little helps it would be nice to be given some back after spending tens of thousands watching City

Colins Bellend said:
Quite right mate but i don't have to go to concerts ,operas or the cinema as i dont have to go to City although i allways will. Do not forget my friend 2.5% is VAT so now down to 5%
and if you read through the statement it is not for everybody there are no reductions in some areas. Every little helps it would be nice to be given some back after spending tens of thousands watching City

Just don't think people thinking that they are going to be helped out by essentially an entertainment company during the recession is necessarily realistic.

Dubai Blue said:
eato said:
Dubai Blue said:
Great news. Well played City.

I wonder how the press can turn this into a negative!!

"man city reduce season tickets prices in a desperate attempt to bolster their floundering matchday support at eastlands, also know as the council house"

There you go if the a mirror journo comes on here I've done his job for him
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/manchester-city-destroy-the-world.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/manchester-city ... world.html</a>

Manchester, Feb 10 2009 - Manchester City's heartless TRILLIONAIRE owners today delivered a sensational snub to the hundreds of thousands of Britons recently made UNEMPLOYED by the global economic crisis, as well as to the victims of Israel's ATTACK on Gaza and the WILDFIRES in Victoria, Australia.

Choosing to ignore any semblance of humanity and compassion, the relegation-threatened club's ARAB owners have announced discounts of up to 17% on the cost of season tickets. But incredibly, the mega-rich Mansour family - which hails from the same region of the world as 9/11 TERRORIST mastermind Osama Bin Laden - have opted not to pass these savings onto the UK's Department of Social Services in order to help ease the burden of surging unemployment benefits caused by the CREDIT CRUNCH.

And in an unbelievably crass judgment call, Sheikh Mansour, who became a LAUGHING STOCK after his bungled attempt to sign former World Player of the Year Kaka, will be passing savings onto "Citeh's" supporters, who count CONVICTED CROOK Nick Leeson amongst their ranks, rather than donating them to charities working on behalf of victims in Gaza and Australia.

"It's pure greed and selfishness on a MASSIVE scale," said Manchester resident Terry Christian, 48, himself a victim of the uncontrollable rise in unemployment. "Some of these so-called supporters have only been following their team for 33 years without seeing them win a trophy. Why should they be rewarded ahead of the world's real VICTIMS? Some of these people are suffering MASSIVELY, yet this Iraqi bloke is just flinging money at football supporters. It smacks of BITTERNESS if I'm being completely honest"

As well as lag FRAUDSTER Leeson, Manchester City count rock 'n' roll hellraisers Liam and Noel Gallagher as supporters. Foul-mouthed Liam once snarled at a photographer and SPAT on stage during a concert, while older brother Noel regularly boasts about going on COCAINE binges in his younger days, seemingly oblivious to the DEATH and destruction that this drug has wrought upon Britain's youth.

The team plays at the City of Manchester Stadium in the northern city's RUN-DOWN Beswick district. Supporters of all-conquering local rivals United mockingly call it the Council House after the ground was given to the club completely FREE OF CHARGE following the 2004 Commonwealth Games.

Meanwhile, Manchester City's own classless brand of "supporters" are famous for MOCKING the dead of the 1958 ****** Air Disaster by setting off fireworks and BOOING during the minute's silence at the start of last season's Manchester Derby at United's Theatre of Dreams in Old Trafford, the country's biggest and most prestigious football stadium. The Blues, then managed by serial SEX ADDICT and England FAILURE Sven Goran Eriksson, fortuitiously won the game 2-1 after withstanding a blistering display of fine attacking football from Sir Alex's brave boys.

;-)
pmsl i actually clicked on the link! great post, made my day all the more brighter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.