Official: 2009/10 Seasoncard news

johnmc said:
Colins Bellend said:
Quite right mate but i don't have to go to concerts ,operas or the cinema as i dont have to go to City although i allways will. Do not forget my friend 2.5% is VAT so now down to 5%
and if you read through the statement it is not for everybody there are no reductions in some areas. Every little helps it would be nice to be given some back after spending tens of thousands watching City

Just don't think people thinking that they are going to be helped out by essentially an entertainment company during the recession is necessarily realistic.

Also not forgetting the 2.5% from December 2008 which we have allready paid.Therefore
it is actually an increase in my sons season card price as the price is not changing

at least they wont have to make the stadium 60000.

surely a reduction could have been absorbed by filling the always empty seats.

Not sure these "price reductions" will be enough to stop a slide in renewals in current economic climate.

I would liked to have seen actual prices announced now... but held for 3 months to allow people to plan ahead etc.

I would also like to see bigger discounts as seasoncards reach 5th / 10th / 15th anniversary renewal dates i.e. reward the long-term supporters alongside the welcome discounts for kids.

I appreciate the investments that our owners are making in the club, but as a (middle-aged)season-ticket holder for over 15 years I do feel a little bit taken for granted at times while all the initiatives are aimed at kids / hospitality etc.

I have 3 Season tickets in the family stand.
1 adult, 1 18 year old and a 6 year old.
So how much will it cost me for next year ??
The way the statement has been worded is very cloak and dagger.
Also i paid early last year and made the savings so what happens this year ??
Its nothing compared to what Sunderland have done last week..

Gray said:
Let's see if other clubs follow suit or will a club not too far away be increasing their season ticket prices?

Our owners are to be applauded, the March renewal date was brought in by Wardle and his regime to try and reduce some of the clubs debt in the early part of the year.

Also any reduction in the present economic climate is most welcome.

The March renewal date goes back nigh on 30 years, nothing to do with John Wardle

Scooby Blue said:
Not sure these "price reductions" will be enough to stop a slide in renewals in current economic climate.

I would liked to have seen actual prices announced now... but held for 3 months to allow people to plan ahead etc.

I would also like to see bigger discounts as seasoncards reach 5th / 10th / 15th anniversary renewal dates i.e. reward the long-term supporters alongside the welcome discounts for kids.

I appreciate the investments that our owners are making in the club, but as a (middle-aged)season-ticket holder for over 15 years I do feel a little bit taken for granted at times while all the initiatives are aimed at kids / hospitality etc.

exactly right, all the promotions are aimed at new supporters.

the rewards should be for the loyal fans not new ones.

Some people are never happy.

We would be in so much shit without the new owners. They are spending loads of money on the team, have given us a price reduction/freeze and yet some still moan.

For those that aren't happy - can't you see how lucky we are with these owners?
I know plenty of us are stuck for money in the current climate and football is a luxury that might have to go for some of us but FFS the owners are fantastic so everyone should just welcome the gesture and look forward to next season and all it might bring

fallowfield said:

We would be in so much shit without the new owners. They are spending loads of money on the team, have given us a price reduction/freeze and yet some still moan.

I know plenty of us are stuck for money in the current climate and football is a luxury that might have to go for some of us but FFS the owners are fantastic so everyone should just welcome the gesture and look forward to next season and all it might bring
Totally agree - I sit in the South Stand and my season ticket is one of the cheapest in the Premiership - roll on.

fallowfield said:

You do know that most people wont even get a reduction? Thats what people are "moaning" about.

The prices went up last year, unless you bought early to get the price freeze. I'm assuming that there wont be a price freeze, so the 7% reduction will be on the full price, which is actually more than what i paid last year.

Forgetting my circumstances as ill renew whatever the price. What about the 2-3k that fucked it off after the Pearce season? that season really fucked up our attendances and i doubt we'll recover with this years season tickets staying about the same as last year.

At least we can forget about increasing the stadium size for a few more seasons. I can see us dropping in attendances again, since people will opt to pick and choose matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.