Official: 2009/10 Seasoncard news

Goater666 said:
fallowfield said:
Some people are never happy.

We would be in so much shit without the new owners. They are spending loads of money on the team, have given us a price reduction/freeze and yet some still moan.

For those that aren't happy - can't you see how lucky we are with these owners?
I know plenty of us are stuck for money in the current climate and football is a luxury that might have to go for some of us but FFS the owners are fantastic so everyone should just welcome the gesture and look forward to next season and all it might bring

You do know that most people wont even get a reduction? Thats what people are "moaning" about.

The prices went up last year, unless you bought early to get the price freeze. I'm assuming that there wont be a price freeze, so the 7% reduction will be on the full price, which is actually more than what i paid last year.

Forgetting my circumstances as ill renew whatever the price. What about the 2-3k that fucked it off after the Pearce season? that season really fucked up our attendances and i doubt we'll recover with this years season tickets staying about the same as last year.

At least we can forget about increasing the stadium size for a few more seasons. I can see us dropping in attendances again, since people will opt to pick and choose matches.

Am I reading a different version of Citys announcement or am I failing to grasp something?

The article states that prices are frozen.

mr t said:
Am I reading a different version of Citys announcement or am I failing to grasp something?

frozen for the coming season (a VAT reduction of 2.5% will be applied to these tickets), and the majority of Seasoncard holders are due to benefit from discounts ranging from small to significant dependent on age and seat location.

Right, before people start spitting their dummies out lets establish the facts.

Firstly, there was no price freeze for adult seasoncards this year. I always buy before the first cut-off date and my South Stand seasoncard cost £388 for this season, a £38 increase on the season before. If you read the MEN report from this morning, it quite clearly states that for next season I will pay less than the £388 I paid this season. I doubt whether it will be below the £350 from the season before (and I'm not expecting it to be either) - probably somewhere in between the two. Now if anyone thinks that this "7% average reduction" is based on the full price for this season then I think they're barking up the wrong tree. If I remember correctly, the price after the second cut-off date increased dramatically for a South Stand seasoncard - up to £461 I think. I doubt very much that the talk of any discount is based on that price - if it is then there will be uproar, plus the MEN will have gotten their facts utterly wrong. I know I'm second-guessing here but I still think there will be the discounted price for buying early - just that the cut-off date has been put back 3 months compared to what it usually is.

mr t said:

Frozen on what price though? Frozen on the full price or frozen on the frozen price?

A couple of contradictory statements in the announcement

"Renewing adult Seasoncard holders are due to benefit from an average 7% reduction on last year’s prices" - Which last year prices?

"We have also sought to respond to fans' concerns on pricing and hope that the price freezes in some areas and discounts in most areas of the ground will be welcomed" - oh so i might not get a reduction but just a freeze?

Goater666 said:
"Renewing adult Seasoncard holders are due to benefit from an average 7% reduction on last year’s prices" - Which last year prices?

"We have also sought to respond to fans' concerns on pricing and hope that the price freezes in some areas and discounts in most areas of the ground will be welcomed" - oh so i might not get a reduction but just a freeze?

No contradiction there at all. The average price reduction will be 7% But not all tickets will be reduced.

mr t said:
Goater666 said:
fallowfield said:
Some people are never happy.

We would be in so much shit without the new owners. They are spending loads of money on the team, have given us a price reduction/freeze and yet some still moan.

For those that aren't happy - can't you see how lucky we are with these owners?
I know plenty of us are stuck for money in the current climate and football is a luxury that might have to go for some of us but FFS the owners are fantastic so everyone should just welcome the gesture and look forward to next season and all it might bring

You do know that most people wont even get a reduction? Thats what people are "moaning" about.

The prices went up last year, unless you bought early to get the price freeze. I'm assuming that there wont be a price freeze, so the 7% reduction will be on the full price, which is actually more than what i paid last year.

Forgetting my circumstances as ill renew whatever the price. What about the 2-3k that fucked it off after the Pearce season? that season really fucked up our attendances and i doubt we'll recover with this years season tickets staying about the same as last year.

At least we can forget about increasing the stadium size for a few more seasons. I can see us dropping in attendances again, since people will opt to pick and choose matches.

No. In the past you got discounts for paying early but this doesent seem to be the case.
If the price for next years season ticket is the same as last years BEFORE the discount then there is no savings in my view.

youve got to laugh, only city could cause so much confusion.

just announce the prices, i paid 388 last year, tell me what it is this year.

if the average reduction is 7%, but 16/17 year olds are getting 30%, it looks like a real minority will be gaining the most, and the rest will get the vat, and bugger all else.

I'd rather pay a bit extra and watch the current team than pay 50% less and watch some of the shit we've been served in the past

Come the start of next season we could have a squad to rival the likes of Arsenal and we will be paying, far, far less

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.