Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

smiles said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
This is probably the first time ever, its too hard to pick a team! Here's my go though:

.................Given.................
Zabaleta...Toure...Lescott...Bridge
....Ireland.....NDJ.....Barry....
...Tevez...Adebayor...Bellamy...

Subs: Richards, Johnson, SWP, Taylor, RSC, Petrov, Weiss.

Villa 1 (Dunne) City 1 (Barry).

It's a bit unfair to drop Petrov after the last game and a bit unfair to drop SWP, as he's been very effective this season so far but Ade has to start and I'm hoping now Ireland has had a rest he'll be back to his best + all the other are in form.

If we go 433 this has to be the team, but since villa will have all their chances down the flanks wouldn't it make more sense to play 4 in midfield? Maybe go 442 with Ireland on the left and SWP on the right, ok so it makes for some tough decisions up front but we're going to score goals regardless.
Yeah could do that, I'm finding it very hard tbh to choose the right team, if we did do the 442, I think I'd have to take Ireland out for SWP (playing on the right) and play Bellers on the left. It's great we have so many options, I'd hate to make this decision lol.

smiles said:
If we go 433 this has to be the team, but since villa will have all their chances down the flanks wouldn't it make more sense to play 4 in midfield? Maybe go 442 with Ireland on the left and SWP on the right, ok so it makes for some tough decisions up front but we're going to score goals regardless.
Yeah could do that, I'm finding it very hard tbh to choose the right team, if we did do the 442, I think I'd have to take Ireland out for SWP (playing on the right) and play Bellers on the left. It's great we have so many options, I'd hate to make this decision lol.

MH's must be scratching his head too. I meant playing Ireland on the left and SWP on the right because they are midfielders that offer a lot in defense as well as attack. I think we'll score goals against villa no problem, its conceding one's which we don't want to do. Dejong and Barry can handle their strikers, Ireland and SWP handle Milner and Young.

smiles said:

MH's must be scratching his head too. I meant playing Ireland on the left and SWP on the right because they are midfielders that offer a lot in defense as well as attack. I think we'll score goals against villa no problem, its conceding one's which we don't want to do. Dejong and Barry can handle their strikers, Ireland and SWP handle Milner and Young.
Yeah I know what you're saying about Ireland but if we were to play the 442, I think Bellamy is better suited out wide, especially the way he handled Sagna and how he played v Arsenal both defensively and attackingly.

I'll go for it being 1-2 (Agbonlahor, Barry, Adebayor)

4-4-2

Given
Zaba
Toure
Lescott
Bridge
De Jong
Barry
Bellers
Petrov
Manu
Tevez

now look at this for a shit hot bench

Taylor
Sylvinio
Richards
Johnson
Ireland
SWP
Santa Cruz

MCFC_Freestyler said:
The team hughes has now, he is going to be picking the team from recent form, and for that SWP and Ireland on the bench.

My team:

---------------Given

Zabs-----Toure-----Lescott---Bridge

--------------De Jong

Bellers---------Barry---------Petrov

---------Tevez-----Adebayor

CITY 2-1.

Sorry didn't realise I had copied yours mate haha

Carl_Man_City said:
I'll go for it being 1-2 (Agbonlahor, Barry, Adebayor)

4-4-2

Given
Zaba
Toure
Lescott
Bridge
De Jong
Barry
Bellers
Petrov
Manu
Tevez

now look at this for a shit hot bench

Taylor
Sylvinio
Richards
Johnson
Ireland
SWP
Santa Cruz

thats pretty much how i'd have it for the reason that swp and stevie ireland although not playing badly are not playing as well as the rest of the forwards/midfield and with this squad only the best can play.

some bench and thats without robbie,vk and ned

I've bet on City to win 3-1 @ 27/1, I'm feeling uber confident at the moment, not just because of City's form but because I won £100 on the sections last week!

Hope Johnson will get a few more minutes again, he could be a bonus player this season if he gets back to fitness.

If we play 4-4-2 we'll get ripped apart and Barry will run the show. Petrov is terrible in a 4-4-2 and we always get overrun.

We have to play 4-5-1, and O'Neill has to forget his issues with NRC and play him.

If we play 4-4-2 = 1-3
If we play 4-5-1 = 2-2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.