Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

Millennium said:
If you will continuo comparing with last year, than you might be happy with any place better than the 10th place, we need to realize that city have a better quality players now and that with the quality of our players, we should have won.

^^exactly

Hughes and most of the players have said that the mentality at the club of thinking that draws are okay has to change and City must play every game to win.

On reflection i think we were lucky to come away with a draw.

Villa were much better on the ball and didnt lose possession as cheaply as we did, i think this could be because Barry didnt look comfortable tonight and SWP had a terrible game.

I think if we had put Ireland in from the start and played Johnson later on we would have been far more creative and caused them more problems and probably scored more.

IMO, we set out for a draw tonight, the pace of the game was slow compared to our last performances and i think we were quite lucky.

Credit to MON for the fantastic job he and his staff are doing at Villa Park. I dont think their squad has as much strength in depth as ours though and we will be on top come the end of the season.

I would have gladly remained with the same points difference between us and the rags after this weekends games,can`t win every game and will be pleased to take a point away from home against teams that will finish around us and then beat them at COMS,PLEASED :)

I don't know if I would say we set out for a draw. I agree that we gave the ball away too cheaply at times and it put us on the back foot. That dictated the game in stretches and we were playing from behind for a large portion. Fighting back for a point was good to see. I think 3 points was possible from this fixture (as were 0) but a point away to Villa is not a bad result at all.

only dissapointment is we should have won. Controlled most of the match, Villa didnt cause us any probs, Lescott and Toure looked v comfortable with Agbon, just a shame we didnt get the 3 points we deserved. We look a much better side in reality than Villa, Bellamy, Lescott, Toure, Bridge & De Jong were all brilliant tonight. Bring on Wigan.

schtipps said:
On reflection i think we were lucky to come away with a draw.

Villa were much better on the ball and didnt lose possession as cheaply as we did, i think this could be because Barry didnt look comfortable tonight and SWP had a terrible game.

I think if we had put Ireland in from the start and played Johnson later on we would have been far more creative and caused them more problems and probably scored more.

IMO, we set out for a draw tonight, the pace of the game was slow compared to our last performances and i think we were quite lucky.

Credit to MON for the fantastic job he and his staff are doing at Villa Park. I dont think their squad has as much strength in depth as ours though and we will be on top come the end of the season.

You really believe that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.