Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Johnny_on said:
I just don't see United going for him, maybe a Milan club but United just dont spend that kind of money on a 28 year old.... I know they might be getting a bit more desperate this summer, but i just dont see it...

I think Eto'o is City or Barca

Ermmmmmm they spent 31m last summer on a 28 year old

Prophet of Doom said:
Johnny_on said:
I just don't see United going for him, maybe a Milan club but United just dont spend that kind of money on a 28 year old.... I know they might be getting a bit more desperate this summer, but i just dont see it...

Yes but things have changed for them in the past 6 months, they came out a week ago saying buying players over the age of 26 wouldnt be happening for a while.

Bazzmand Show said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Johnny_on said:

Yes but things have changed for them in the past 6 months, they came out a week ago saying buying players over the age of 26 wouldnt be happening for a while.
Did they actually say that though, or was it just a newspaper article with no quotes and no foundation?

Tricky_Trev said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Johnny_on said:

Did they actually say that though, or was it just a newspaper article with no quotes and no foundation?

Of course their not going to actually come out and say that. I think reading between the lines they wont pay top dollar for players over the age of 28. Its a very random thing for a paper to make up and it would have to have started from somewhere.

Prophet of Doom said:
Johnny_on said:

Yes and look how well that went for them.... Berba has so far been a flop and they have less chance of changing his ways and coaching him into United style.... Benzema seems a far more United signing... Still think its us or Barca

Cant see united paying his wages to be honest. Think this is a bit of a smokescreen to appease united fans also they would be less than happy about losing him for a month in january.

Rammyblues said:
I think his wages might be a little difficult for them in my opinion.
I agree. We will be asked to meet his "City" wage demands. His demands everywhere else will be less.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. I initially read it as "different" for them as opposed to "difficult". My bad. But yeah, i think that they would be able to get him on lower wages than us, that's for sure.

Why would they be able to get him on lower wages than us, people keep on banging on about champions league football but the guy has won it twice already and realistically what chance of united winning it this year, even the most hardened rag knows that this year is a transitional year!

It's not just about winning the CL, its about competing in it so that you are seen by a world wide audience so that you can screw more money from your sponsors as more people will see you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.