Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Why would they be able to get him on lower wages than us, people keep on banging on about champions league football but the guy has won it twice already and realistically what chance of united winning it this year, even the most hardened rag knows that this year is a transitional year!

This is why the rags arrogance knows no bounds, they expect to win everything every year, they feel it is their right to win everything no matter who they have on the pitch, in my opinion this is why I hate them so much they don't believe in chance, hard work they expect it to be theirs.

Isn't this the age old trick of using a moneybags club to inflate your hand when it comes down to contract negotiations?

I don't expect to see him at City. Maybe we've made some enquiries, but more in hope than expectation I'd say.

Im not saying i expect to see him at city what i am challenging is that they will get him on less wages just because they are the scum.

Its nonsense like i said the guy has won it twice and if wanted to win it again would not be heading to the rags. What alot of the rags fail to realise is that they have 41 goals taken out of their team that is hard enough to replace as it is, but their is other areas of the team that need strengthening 2, they need a new keeper a new back up cb and 2 new midfielders and that plau the 41 goals will cost a damn site more then 105m they have IF they can get players to go there.

Their arrogance is astounding the expectation that they should win just cos its them is ridiculous and they need to realise that change will happen!

I think we have been quite cute in the way we have conducted ourselves this summer. Rather than do the Kaka thing bidding massive amounts of money to attract the players, we have sensibly been round to the big clubs to prevent over inflated transfer fees, this has been stated by our Chairman. What I think we have done though is put in a wage structure (if thats what you call it) where we will pay the best wages in the premier league. Agents will use us to obtain whatever is best for their clients and therefore it can either work against us (press - will say only coming for the money) or for us in that these players may choose us rather than our rivals. I can live with the press slating us because eventually when we do start to win things they won't be able to use that argument anymore.

The signings of Barry in addition to those we made in January make it difficult for the media to caricature us in the same way they did last Summer.

If you takeover the club on the last day of the transfer window, you end up firing off huge bids right left and centre. Now we have had time to prepare, and we also have a track record.

Marvin I agree with you and everything about this transfer window so far seems to me that this has been planned for months down to the fine detail, almost stage managed if you like, the confidentiality agreements, the no hugh transfer fees (12m for Barry was a sizeable transfer fee but we only met what the asking price was), great credit if all the deals we are in for come off should go to MH and GC for the way they have handled themselves.

The rags have a higher profile, thus allow you as a player to make more of other deals and that's mostly what it boils down to. As a City fan it isn't since the early 80s when Frances turned them down to come to us, that we could even talk about this and its only going to get worse for them.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
The rags have a higher profile, thus allow you as a player to make more of other deals and that's mostly what it boils down to. As a City fan it isn't since the early 80s when Francis turned them down to come to us, that we could even talk about this and its only going to get worse for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.