Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

If Barca get Villa its excellent news for us. They could only fund a deal for him (and gurantee him starting every week) by selling Eto.

People might not want to hear it but the main thing in our favour with eto is the amount of money he wants being out of contract end of next season. When it comes down to it we are probably the only club willing to pay the wages he is wanting - this summer at least.

I still think the risk with this deal is him wanting to see out his contract and get an even better deal at the end of next season.

Its risky though playing that game at his age, what if he gets injured badly....

I don't care how we get him Alera. You don't mess around with buying players of his quality. You get them any way you can.

So the source of the info about Villa possibly going to Barca is TV3? You all know that was the same source that said Robinho was set to join Barca on loan... don't you? Or do we only believe news that we like the sound of, with everything else being a load of bollocks? ;-)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...38/Robinho-begs-boss-to-sign-Samuel-Etoo.html

ROBINHO has urged Mark Hughes to snap up Samuel Eto'o and create Manchester City's own Fab Four.

Roque Santa Cruz has already joined Robinho at Eastlands, making a £15million move from Blackburn.

Carlos Tevez will complete his £25m switch across Manchester when he officially leaves United on July 1.

And Barcelona hero Eto'o has held talks with City officials - prompting Robinho to dream of boss Hughes completing a Fab Four strike force. The Brazilian said: "If Eto'o comes too he will add even more talent to the squad.

"We need four top-quality forwards because the season is so tough in England.

"I hope the club keep signing players with that quality. If so, we will be almost unbeatable."

Robinho added: "A player like Santa Cruz is more than welcome and I've heard a deal for Carlos will be sorted very soon.

"That would be great because Tevez is a world-class talent and I would be happy to play alongside him.

"It is very good to know my club is going for top-quality players like these. Now I hope we can get Eto'o as well."

Robinho believes Sparky needs four class hitmen at his disposal, even though it could lead to them all missing games.

The £32.5m star added: "Is the club chasing too many strikers? No, I don't think so - Manchester City wants to be among the top teams in the Premier League and in Europe.

"To do that they must have at least three or maybe four top-quality strikers.

"The season in England, with the league and the cups, all the games we play is very demanding.

"But I'm not scared of the competition. If Santa Cruz and Eto'o come to City, they are talented players and I will work as always to make sure of my spot in the team."

Robinho is dreaming of the day when City, who have also signed Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry for £12m, overhaul neighbours United.

He said: "We want to make City the biggest club in Manchester and win titles, as many as possible."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.