Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Paddy_Blue said:
bowdonblue said:
bluemoon1078 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...38/Robinho-begs-boss-to-sign-Samuel-Etoo.html

ROBINHO has urged Mark Hughes to snap up Samuel Eto'o and create Manchester City's own Fab Four.

Robinho is dreaming of the day when City, who have also signed Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry for £12m, overhaul neighbours United.

He said: "We want to make City the biggest club in Manchester and win titles, as many as possible."

It may just because I have "taken drink", but I actually had a bit of a tear in my eye when I read that. Because for the first time in my miserable fucking life as a Blue, I can start to believe it.

It's coming .... ohhhhhh yes, it's coming alright!!!

NB - I am not touching myself.

I am touching myself..

Tricky_Trev said:
warhawkmoski said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Robbie can say what he likes, but Spursmad says Eto'o is not coming and we don't exactly have any reason to doubt him. I think this is just wishful thinking from Robbie with regards to Eto'o. Also, i'm not sure whether he'll have heard any insider info on Tevez or whether him saying he's heard it will be completed soon is just based on what's been reported in the media. I'm going to believe Spursmad. Tevez = City player. Eto'o = no go.

I have a feeling that if the two sides can close the gap on the contract it will get done, just a bit of posturing going on right now to see who can get the best of the deal.
Possibly... but if that was the case, wouldn't Spursmad's source have said that we are hopeful of getting the deal done eventually, as opposed to ruling it out?

Well the only way to know the validity of any poster and their source come the end of the window, as obvious as it sounds, all will be known then. For now I'm very optimistic about Eto'o from what I've hear and my own opinion.

warhawkmoski said:
Tricky_Trev said:
warhawkmoski said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Robbie can say what he likes, but Spursmad says Eto'o is not coming and we don't exactly have any reason to doubt him. I think this is just wishful thinking from Robbie with regards to Eto'o. Also, i'm not sure whether he'll have heard any insider info on Tevez or whether him saying he's heard it will be completed soon is just based on what's been reported in the media. I'm going to believe Spursmad. Tevez = City player. Eto'o = no go.

I have a feeling that if the two sides can close the gap on the contract it will get done, just a bit of posturing going on right now to see who can get the best of the deal.
Possibly... but if that was the case, wouldn't Spursmad's source have said that we are hopeful of getting the deal done eventually, as opposed to ruling it out?

Well the only way to know the validity of any poster and their source come the end of the window, as obvious as it sounds, all will be known then. For now I'm very optimistic about Eto'o from what I've hear and my own opinion.

What did Spursmad actually say ?

richcity said:
can anyone see eto'o playing in hull for city on a monday night in january when were 1 nil down in the 85th minute?
that must be so tempting

If he want's to play in the Premiership he will need to do that whoever he plays for. So why not City?

People keep saying I cant see Eto'o playing for us against Hull away and Blackburn away on cold wet night etc. Firstly while Spain has some fantastic stadiums, (Nou Camp, Bernebau etc), it also has some downright awful ones in the mould of Ewood Park etc. There seems to be this perception that all of the stadiums in Spain are 50,000 plus mega stadiums and the temperature never drops below 20 degrees. Eto'o would also be playing against these teams no matter what premiership side he played for, so would Karem Benzema/Frank Ribery not want to play for the rags cos they have to play Blackburn and Hull away at some stage? No, these are professional athletes paid huge sums of money, Im sure they can survive an away trip to Ewood Park. Me on the other hand......

richcity said:
can anyone see eto'o playing in hull for city on a monday night in january when were 1 nil down in the 85th minute?
that must be so tempting

You're acting like England is the only country with shit teams/places/weather. It rains and gets cold in Spain in the winter too you know. And Hull's stadium is better than those of Osasuna, Xerez, Getafe etc.

i apoligise if this has already been mentioned but just been reading the MEN lescott and toure collum

AND some one has wrote in saying "breaking news samuel eto has been spotted at manchester airport either us or the rags . "

probably bull***T but you never know.

just thought i would let you guys know.

thomo said:
i apoligise if this has already been mentioned but just been reading the MEN lescott and toure collum

AND some one has wrote in saying "breaking news samuel eto has been spotted at manchester airport either us or the rags . "

probably bull***T but you never know.

just thought i would let you guys know.

He was also spotted about 2 weeks ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.