Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

I wonder if this is for real?

Rumour Mill: Manchester City looking to sign Samuel Eto'o, Carlos Tevez

By Ben Coles
foxsports.com.au managing editor
June 24, 2009 .Some of this stuff will make you laugh, some will cause a sharp intake of breath, and some will hit the nail on the head. As the player transfer merry-go-round grinds into action in Europe, we bring you the very latest from the Rumour Mill.

Eto'o to Eastlands
Let's start at a club richer than most reserve banks, with the cash turnover of a small, or even a large African, nation: the centre of world capitalism, Manchester City.

Put simply, if you are not on Mark Hughes's shopping list right now, you're not pricey enough. Just hours after snaring Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn Rovers for $27 million, squillion-dollar striker Robinho has urged the boss to splash more of his Arab benefactors' cash on Samuel Eto'o from Barcelona.

There is more to this than just idle gossip.

Eto'o has been in Manchester having "talks" at Eastlands, and his $65 million mate Robinho is talking it up, saying: "It is very good to know my club is going for top-quality players. Now I hope we can get Eto'o as well."

Rumour Mill Rating: 80 per cent; Who can't City buy?

Tevez another City slicker
Remaining at the mecca of money (no pun intended), now that Carlos Tevez has divorced Manchester United, the smart money is on him moving across town to City. A mere $50 million will secure the Argentine's services, before we talk about his wage packet. And his name seems to be high on Robinho's wish list as well.

"I've heard a deal for Carlos will be sorted very soon," Robinho said. "That would be great,
because Tevez is a world-class talent and I would be happy to play alongside him."

What do you mean for real ???? The quotes ??? The quotes are real from Robinho if thats what you mean...

Didsbury Dave said:
richcity said:
can anyone see eto'o playing in hull for city on a monday night in january when were 1 nil down in the 85th minute?
that must be so tempting

Hackneyed cliche

With setanta gone there might not be any mon night games, why is it always hull and blackburn away on a mon,cause recently it was newcastle away on a mon,quite a big stadium that son!!

We know talks were due to start again this week but no sign that we are ready to pay the wages he wants... For me he means we make that next jump, so i'd pay it... With the players we could attract having him and Robinho here it might accelerate our growth by a year or two..

This makes sense..... So pop him over to us, you can have Villa...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2009/06/24/1343545/barcelona-to-sell-etoo-and-offer-40m-to-valencia-for-david-villa-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/t ... vid-villa-</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.