Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Tevez Will Be Blue said:
i can almost smell eto'o already, looks like a done deal aswell as tevez around 55m for the pair, go grab Toure, Maicon, Westermann, Lescott and lets smash 09/10

I like your optimism, but just a warning not to set yourself up for a massive fall.
Being City fans, we know all too well how that feels.

But at the same time we can afford to enjoy this wonderful cash injection. We've never had it before. So one foot on the ground but one foot in the clouds is what I say!

Makes no sense i know ; )

If cookie and hughes manage to get eto'o it will be an almighty scalp. To even think of signing a player as good as eto'o, a player who is arguably the best player africa has produced, a two time champions league winner and a phenomenal goalscorer, for a team that finished 10th in the league is quite frankly ludicrous. The management at city are doing an incredible job in selling the club and its future ambitions and i cant praise them enough.

This guy is shit hot and i am certain he would terrorise premiership defences. The other added benifit is eto'o sounds like boooooooo, this might aid the progression of the impatient city fan as at least they will be able to make their favourite noise ;)

heatonmoorblue said:
If cookie and hughes manage to get eto'o it will be an almighty scalp. To even think of signing a player as good as eto'o, a player who is arguably the best player africa has produced, a two time champions league winner and a phenomenal goalscorer, for a team that finished 10th in the league is quite frankly ludicrous. The management at city are doing an incredible job in selling the club and its future ambitions and i cant praise them enough.

This guy is shit hot and i am certain he would terrorise premiership defences. The other added benifit is eto'o sounds like boooooooo, this might aid the progression of the impatient city fan as at least they will be able to make their favourite noise ;)

Eto'o isn't better than what George Weah was in his prime.

In The Know said:
heatonmoorblue said:

Eto'o isn't better than what George Weah was in his prime.

Haha, knew that was coming hence my use of the word arguably. I didnt watch weah regularly in his prime but their career achievements (player of the year etc) are quite similar and a direct comparison of how many they scored when at similar sized clubs show etoo to be streaks ahead. Weah at AC scored 46 in 114 appearences where as eto'o has scored 130 goals in 200 appearences at Barca. I know they are vastly different leagues with it being much harder to score in Italy but i still reckon eto'o is better....just

Manchester City have completed their 25 million pound swoop for Barcelona star Samuel Eto'o.

According to reports in British tabloid, the News of the World, City will take their summer spending past the 90 million mark by the end of the week after confirming they have also landed 30 million pound rated Argentine Carlos Tevez.

Cameroon international Eto'o is expected to travel to the North-west city of Manchester in the next few days to finalise a five-year-deal worth 180k per week after tax - with further bonuses to be paid according to his success at the club.

A source told the NOTW: "The player could have earned similar money at Barca. But Eto'o and his people think City could be going places and is excited by the type of players they are attracting."

The 28-year-old's switch to City appears to have been allowed by Barca, after it was reported the European champions are negotiating a 13 million pound deal for Palmeiras' Keirrison.

Sources believe the Brazilian will then be loaned to Valencia - in return for the struggling Spanish side letting David Villa go to the Nou Camp for 37million pound

Tevez - who on Saturday revealed to British newspaper The Sun that it was United's capture of strike partner Dimitar Berbatov that led to his eventual departure from Old Trafford - is reported to be set to sign a four-year deal worth an estimated 140,000-a-week on Wednesday.

good to know the news of the world journos are checking up on bluemoon.....

Aussie! said:
Manchester City have completed their 25 million pound swoop for Barcelona star Samuel Eto'o.

According to reports in British tabloid, the News of the World, City will take their summer spending past the 90 million mark by the end of the week after confirming they have also landed 30 million pound rated Argentine Carlos Tevez.

Cameroon international Eto'o is expected to travel to the North-west city of Manchester in the next few days to finalise a five-year-deal worth 180k per week after tax - with further bonuses to be paid according to his success at the club.

A source told the NOTW: "The player could have earned similar money at Barca. But Eto'o and his people think City could be going places and is excited by the type of players they are attracting."

The 28-year-old's switch to City appears to have been allowed by Barca, after it was reported the European champions are negotiating a 13 million pound deal for Palmeiras' Keirrison.

Sources believe the Brazilian will then be loaned to Valencia - in return for the struggling Spanish side letting David Villa go to the Nou Camp for 37million pound

Tevez - who on Saturday revealed to British newspaper The Sun that it was United's capture of strike partner Dimitar Berbatov that led to his eventual departure from Old Trafford - is reported to be set to sign a four-year deal worth an estimated 140,000-a-week on Wednesday.

Where's that from?

sam221985 said:
Aussie! said:

Where's that from?

NOTW

Bazzmand Show said:
sam221985 said:
Aussie! said:

Where's that from?

NOTW

just said it on ssn as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.