Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

It's pronounced E-TOE, yes.

And those flicking bankers at the NotW combining transfer fees AGAIN so it looks like we've bid £55 million just for Eto'o. Liars and bastards, the lot of them.

Good morning bluemooner's

Not sure if this has been posted, but direct quotes from joan laporte it appears it's upto Eto'o if he joins our revelution.

With the transfer rumour mill showing no signs of slowing down, Barcelona president Joan Laporta has clarified the situations surrounding various players.

Speaking to iCat FM, Laporta started with the nearly completed signing of Keirrison from Palmeiras, saying, "He will do the pre-season with us, and then Pep will decide if he stays."

Laporta then moved on to the case of Franck Ribery, continuing, "He knows that we like him a lot, but if Bayern do not want to sell, we must respect that."

Next on the agenda were the twin cases of Samuel Eto'o and David Villa, and Laporta was keeping all his options open, stating, "Txiki Begiristain will decide.

"If Eto'o accepts Manchester City's mammoth offer, we will need another striker. Anyway, both of them can play together, and that would be very competitive."

Finally, Laporta touched on Filipe Luis, following Deportivo La Coruna's rejection of Barca's latest offer: "We are not going to pay €20 million for him.

"We presented a sensible offer, but that figure is out of reach"

The Fixer said:
Good morning bluemooner's

Not sure if this has been posted, but direct quotes from joan laporte it appears it's upto Eto'o if he joins our revelution.

With the transfer rumour mill showing no signs of slowing down, Barcelona president Joan Laporta has clarified the situations surrounding various players.

Speaking to iCat FM, Laporta started with the nearly completed signing of Keirrison from Palmeiras, saying, "He will do the pre-season with us, and then Pep will decide if he stays."

Laporta then moved on to the case of Franck Ribery, continuing, "He knows that we like him a lot, but if Bayern do not want to sell, we must respect that."

Next on the agenda were the twin cases of Samuel Eto'o and David Villa, and Laporta was keeping all his options open, stating, "Txiki Begiristain will decide.

"If Eto'o accepts Manchester City's mammoth offer, we will need another striker. Anyway, both of them can play together, and that would be very competitive."

Finally, Laporta touched on Filipe Luis, following Deportivo La Coruna's rejection of Barca's latest offer: "We are not going to pay €20 million for him.

"We presented a sensible offer, but that figure is out of reach"

As I said it sounds like a fee has been agreed, i think it was agreed quite a while ago. The past few weeks have most probably been spent convincing eto'o himself. Which, if reports are to be believed is nearly done.

Bazzmand Show said:
zak@work said:
hello people. right this etoo thing has sparked up alot again on here. i noticed this morning on sky sports under the transfer clockwatch it says we are closing in on him... there is nothing more than that though. are my eyes deceiving me or is there something going on?

Ur eyes dont decieve you yesterday and today reports are coming through hes going to sign mid next week. Spursmad thinks its 80% done now after originally being sceptical. And we no how good his source is. July 1st unveiling of Tevez/Eto'o/New Strip may not be so far fetched now.

i've been saying for weeks now, come next week we are going to show the world we are no longer to be laughed at.

after the press taking the mick out of us over the kaka deal, which i think really hurt gary and is the reason city are keeping their cards close to their chest, gary cook and hughes are going to announce a press conference next week and gary and mark will be sat there with grin's on their faces like cheshire cats, and with the reporters that have repeatedly put us down watching.....gary cook says i would like to introduce our new signings....eto'o, tevez and lescott(maybe even toure..but i could be pushing it).

Then, gary and mark get up out of their chairs and say thanks for coming to the press before they've had chance to ask any questions.

Now that would be funny and two fingers up to the press.

That would be a fantastic press conference. Although I'd be tempted to let the decent journos who haven't given us stick stay to ask questions. Ask the Mirror, Mail (unless Martin Samuel), Independent, People, Sun to all do one. Oh and don't have it on Sky or allow Talkshite in.

squirtyflower said:
That would be a fantastic press conference. Although I'd be tempted to let the decent journos who haven't given us stick stay to ask questions. Ask the Mirror, Mail (unless Martin Samuel), Independent, People, Sun to all do one. Oh and don't have it on Sky or allow Talkshite in.

There's not many...i think only oliver holt, because he's a blue...

mancity7 said:
squirtyflower said:

There's not many...i think only oliver holt, because he's a blue...
The Times are usually fair, unless its Matt Dickheadsen, and the Telegraph don't make things up. I forgot to add the Grauniad, they have been anti-blue and anti the owners because they have money.

masterwig said:
Am I the only person who thinks he'll flop?

Hope I'm wrong but he strikes me as another Shevchenko. His overall contribution to games is minimal. He just scores goals which face it we had little trouble doing last season. Santa Cruz is the target and focal point of the attack we need.

No, you're not. I also think Tevez isn't all he's cracked up to be. It seems pretty clear that these two would be pretty much guaranteed a spot in the team, whatever formation the manager decides on. With the other players now at his disposal, it seems Tevez would be in at the expense of SWP who, in my opinion is a better and far more entertaining player out on the right. (I know there's the "you now need a big squad" argument, but although these players are flying all over the world for internationals and there's the African Nations this season, we're not in Europe this year and will generally only be playing once a week).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.