Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Daz_Blue said:
amone said:
cookster said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

RB..............CB..........CB..............LB

....................De Jong....................

.............Barry...........Ireland...........

Tevez.................................Robinho
.....................Eto'o.......................

This is exactly how Barcalona play. Santa Cruz, Boj and Bellamy will be benchwarmers unless Eto'o doesn't work out.

Correct, this will be Hughes preferred system. Kompany will provide cover for De Jong and CB's

Assuming we sign 2 cbs then we will have an unhappy squad, SWP, Santa Cruz, Boj, Bellamy, Kompany, Zab or Richards and possibly Ned are all going to be waiting on the bench for a game. I can't see they'll be happy and thats assuming we don't buy another rb and assuming we sell Dunne, Elano, Petrov, Cacaido and Evans. With all the above on the bench and the others sold what about our young players, like Weiss?

Thats why Chelsea, dippers and scum are succesfull, they have a big squad for rotation purposes and if we want success we have to do the same ..... 2 top players for every position.

Indeed, we have so many options now. We can play 4-4-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or whatever formation you care to name, we have the players to do it.

I agree that Tevez isn’t a natural wide man, but you need to realise that he is literally being guaranteed 1st team football to sign for us, this means he has to play and there are too many formation problems and issues with playing him anywhere else other than right wing (which he can play and play well by the way). Putting him just behind Eto’o will leave us lop-sided, he’ll also get under Ireland’s feet who plays a more withdrawn midfield position and can often be found linking the midfield and attack rather than playing firmly in the midfield.

Tevez has to go right wing unless we employ wingbacks in a Xmas tree formation (I prefer Barcelona’s 4-3-3 myself).

2a0gorm.jpg

Bazzmand Show said:
heatonmoorblue said:
I agree with the 4-3-3 formation but has anyone ever seen Tevez play on the right? I know he has the workrate but if he is coming here to be big dog then will he like being played out of position?

Exactly his preffered position is more central.
the thing with 4 3 3 is that the front 3 should be able rotate there positions in that 3, barca do it very successfully, you see eto'o as the pivitol 1 but after 10 or so mins messi is going through the middle, and eto'o is parading down a flank! hate to say it but the rags do (did) this quite succesfully as well, with rooney and tranny. tevez will be fine anywhere in a 4 3 3 especially if his 2 partners are robbie and eto'o or even RSC and bellers.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/381573/Samuel-Etoo-and-Carlos-Tevez-to-join-City-Mega-rich-Eastlands-outfit-splash-pound55million-on-twin-superstars.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3 ... stars.html</a>

plz plz plz plz plz be true
top 4 if it is true!

ConnorMCFC said:

considering revez and etoo are two of the best players in the world i would say 55 mill is a deal to good!

25 mill for etoo is amazing

With the worry of players like sweep, micha ect.. being on the bench i think its just a case of EVERYBODY will just have step upto the plate and up their game and maybe we MIGHT just win something this coming season...

hello people. right this etoo thing has sparked up alot again on here. i noticed this morning on sky sports under the transfer clockwatch it says we are closing in on him... there is nothing more than that though. are my eyes deceiving me or is there something going on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.