Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

The club that has come in is Inter, and yes they have urged the player to stay and honor his contract.

This gives them time to find a buyer for ibrohimovic (spelling sorry) who pre ronaldo was the highest paid player in the world i 200k ish then his wages could then be allocated to Eto.

City are in a race against time to up their offer, which is no where near the figure mooted around, but does give him parity with robbie. If we get to that stage, then Eto is bound to ask for a loyalty payment from Barca as hes not asked to leave and a signing on fee from us.

This ones got a long way to run yet lads so best not get too excited.

bluebrandon said:
ITS VERY CLEAR TO ME, HE WANTS A SIGNING ON FEE, SO HE SAYS LETS CALL A PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW TO CLARIFY IM STAYING AT BARCA TO PUT THE FRIGHTNERS ON. WE THEN MAKE AN OFFER TO BARCA AND THIS AMOUNT WILL INCLUDE ANY PAYMENT ETO MIGHT BE ASKING FOR, IF ITS ACCEPTED DEAL IS DONE, SIMPLES, THATS WHY STATEMENT IS TOMORROW AND NOT TODAY.

To be honest mate i think a signing on fee would have already been arranged.

Boots_ said:
bluebrandon said:
ITS VERY CLEAR TO ME, HE WANTS A SIGNING ON FEE, SO HE SAYS LETS CALL A PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW TO CLARIFY IM STAYING AT BARCA TO PUT THE FRIGHTNERS ON. WE THEN MAKE AN OFFER TO BARCA AND THIS AMONT WILL INCLUDE ANY PAYMENT ETO MIGHT BE ASKING FOR, IF ITS ACCEPTED DEAL IS DONE, SIMPLES, THATS WHY STATEMENT IS TMORROW AND NOT TODAY.

I think we all heard that didn't we? Even those at the back.
oops lol doin shit at work left it on.......

Quinninho said:
There's no way Cooke will let another Kakagate happen. They wouldnt have leaked this info on Eto'o if it wasnt done. also, barca definitely want this deal to go through, they desperately need funds to buy Villa and will not want Eto'o to go fro free.

In Spursmad we trust!

They have also declared interest in Ribery.

dw7 said:
spanis press say his agent will say he wants to see out his contract this is only to get the loyalty bonus off barca and to make it look like he wants to stay and barca want rid of him

feedthegoat said:
I imagine the hardest part of this deal will be Etoo trying to agree some sort of "loyalty" payment from Barca. He is in a very strong bargaining position with just a year left on his contract and probably thinks he can get a decent percentage of any fee we agree with Barca as he can threaten to see out his contract and get a huge signing on fee elsewhere next season.

Upon reflection think this might be it lads. As we have also come out today and said that any deal must fit within the City pay structure and that Eto'o cannot earn more than Robby, then it would be this payment/ commission that would allow Eto'o to get a payment from the deal that would 'unofficially' average his salary out at the higher level he seeks. Ways and means. Swings and roundabouts. Creative accountancy. At least that what I hope it is.

I agree with what a few people have already said. We have apparently been negotiating with Eto'o for some time, even Laporta says we have offered Eto'o a deal. If he has said no, why would we make a bid?? We'd look stupid! I think it is a done deal as Spursmad says and we are just going through the motions. The press conference by his agent will just be PR trying to soften the Barca supporters.

He scored 36 goals this season in a treble winning campaign what more can he possibly do to earn an improved or acceptable contract?

Ive been thinking about the other scenario 2 i dont think anyone bar RM can offer him more than 180k a week with or without a signing bonus, so it will have to be a monumental signing bonus i.e 10m plus just to him so a club would be paying a transfer fee anyway just to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.