Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

i think the press conference will be eto'o saying he wants to see out his contract if barca want him. barca wont want to keep him and then let him go for nothing, barca accept offer, eto'o comes but doesnt look bad in the fans eyes because "he didnt want to leave in the first place"

its very odd .... why would a player hold a press conference at all if he was staying or going.

swinton blue said:
i think the press conference will be eto'o saying he wants to see out his contract if barca want him. barca wont want to keep him and then let him go for nothing, barca accept offer, eto'o comes but doesnt look bad in the fans eyes because "he didnt want to leave in the first place"

Barca can't make him leave if he doesn't want to

swinton blue said:

To be honest its pantomime and I dont understand why it is not just rejected or accepted with no fucking about.

mancboy123 said:
He scored 36 goals this season in a treble winning campaign what more can he possibly do to earn an improved or acceptable contract?

Ive been thinking about the other scenario 2 i dont think anyone bar RM can offer him more than 180k a week with or without a signing bonus, so it will have to be a monumental signing bonus i.e 10m plus just to him so a club would be paying a transfer fee anyway just to him.

I wasnt saying that he wants the contract but he could say that to look the hero and then leave next year and get an even bigger wage elsewhere meaning he gets more money and keeps the respect of Barca fans. Inter could pay that wage

Cheshire Blue said:
The club that has come in is Inter, and yes they have urged the player to stay and honor his contract.

This gives them time to find a buyer for ibrohimovic (spelling sorry) who pre ronaldo was the highest paid player in the world i 200k ish then his wages could then be allocated to Eto.

City are in a race against time to up their offer, which is no where near the figure mooted around, but does give him parity with robbie. If we get to that stage, then Eto is bound to ask for a loyalty payment from Barca as hes not asked to leave and a signing on fee from us.

This ones got a long way to run yet lads so best not get too excited.

Is this just your theory? or are you "ITK"?

swinton blue said:
i think the press conference will be eto'o saying he wants to see out his contract if barca want him. barca wont want to keep him and then let him go for nothing, barca accept offer, eto'o comes but doesnt look bad in the fans eyes because "he didnt want to leave in the first place"[/quote

Why should he see his contract out if he and Guardiola cant get along?

Hi Everyone,

Been reading the quotes on this site over the last few days and just registered and wanted to say Hi and get involved!

I am a season ticket holder at COMS and love all the talk of Eto, Tevez etc!.

For what its worth I have a positive outlook on Eto'o and think like most he will be on board by end of the week latest. I am basing that on the fact that I also believe we cant afford another "Kaka" episode!......surely not again!

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.