Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

All my senses tell me this ain't gonna happen. I'd love to be proven wrong but the way it's all going is very Kaka-esque.

Moebius said:
bizzbo said:
mancity25 said:
EMD is reporting that Barcelona might offer Eto'o a new deal, for 2 years, with the same salary.

good move by barca, it won't nearly be enough for eto'o, but it helps strengthen their case that if he moves to city, it's his choice.

Then he loses his loyality "bonus" and will stay for one more year, not sign the extension. And bag 20m signing on fee next year.

No club on earth, EVEN City will give him £20m as a signing on fee.

According to that article they are offering him the same wage he is currently on. Basically that translates to 'we're doing this so you don't have us over a barrell anymore' because they know he can leave for cock all next season.

He'll reject the contract outright or he'll sign it just so we have to pay a higher transfer fee so we end up covering the loyalty bonus. Personally i think if this happens we will walk away.

freddie_hill said:
All my senses tell me this ain't gonna happen. I'd love to be proven wrong but the way it's all going is very Kaka-esque.

Couldn't agree more. Assume the worst then you won't be let down!

As it stands i'm not hopeful on Eto'o or Tevez

I'm sorry, but I can't berlieve City have fallen into this shit again. Here we go again. it's fecking groundhog day 2. Arrgh!

Moebius said:
bizzbo said:
mancity25 said:
EMD is reporting that Barcelona might offer Eto'o a new deal, for 2 years, with the same salary.

good move by barca, it won't nearly be enough for eto'o, but it helps strengthen their case that if he moves to city, it's his choice.

Then he loses his loyality "bonus" and will stay for one more year, not sign the extension. And bag 20m signing on fee next year.

Smart move by Barcelona if you ask me.

freddie_hill said:

If he doesnt come we will still be better than last season. Think of the squad this season and the experience we have from the last one (players and manager). Remember that the transfer window havent opened yet. We have all window to sign more players. I dont want a player who doesnt want to play for us. We signed RSC already and thats an upgrade to what we had last year. Keep the faith boys.

Enty said:
freddie_hill said:

Couldn't agree more. Assume the worst then you won't be let down!

As it stands i'm not hopeful on Eto'o or Tevez

But you were about Henry (Ducado never forgets) ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.