Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

lee-mcfc said:
deep down i know he wont come

i said it yday and people were telling me to stop being negative...

o well.

i know he hasnt ruled us out completly yet but by the looks of it , it doesnt look good.

Stop being negative.

Taylor said:
I think city will no doubt release a statement not long after the agent has his media parade

Before, I would say.

Taylor said:
I think city will no doubt release a statement not long after the agent has his media parade

I agree Taylor; we might however release something before if we feel it suits our needs, in a damage limitation kind of way.

So I think the less we hear from our side the better.

Pam said:
Barca are trying to force his arm, FFS. They are offering a contract that they think he won't sign. They are asking him to to turn down a huge improvement in his week to week wages and they are asking him to make an additional sacrifice in terms of his pending free agent status. Another two year contract with them would take him to the age of 30.

This suggests to me that Barca really don't want him. I think he'll still come to us.

Anyone can see that they are fucking bluffing each other. Eto is saying he won't walk without the loyalty payment, Barca are saying that's fine, come and waive your free transfer status for another season.

Pam said:
Taylor said:

Before, I would say.

it all depend what being said at the press conference

If Eto'o is staying at Barca we'll get in first

if there's no decision we'll keep quite

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
lee-mcfc said:
deep down i know he wont come

i said it yday and people were telling me to stop being negative...

o well.

i know he hasnt ruled us out completly yet but by the looks of it , it doesnt look good.

Stop being negative.

errr....

its Barca that hold the cards

they have 2 options - take 30mil euros from us for him now and pay him 13 mil loyalty bonus

result Barca get 17 mil euros

or

dont pay the 13 mil

result Barca keep a player who already has fallen out with the management and will be resentful and probably useless all year - plus lose him in 12 months for no fee

so the question is - do Barca feel he is worth losing 17million for 1 year of service

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.