Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

nickson71 said:
Pam said:
Taylor said:
I think city will no doubt release a statement not long after the agent has his media parade

Before, I would say.

it all depend what being said at the press conference

If Eto'o is staying at Barca we'll get in first

if there's no decision we'll keep quite

I agree good point, just hope if things do go tits up we don't all make the mistake of taking a swipe at Hughes or Cook, the club has come so far we should not forget this. In addition how many times has Eto'o played this hand, only last summer it was with Spurs. Tommorow will be interesting

kinkyisgod said:
its Barca that hold the cards

they have 2 options - take 30mil euros from us for him now and pay him 13 mil loyalty bonus

result Barca get 17 mil euros

or

dont pay the 13 mil

result Barca keep a player who already has fallen out with the management and will be resentful and probably useless all year - plus lose him in 12 months for no fee

so the question is - do Barca feel he is worth losing 17million for 1 year of service

No, they don't get £17 million, they just don't fork it out.

I think its time for us to play fucking hard ball.

It looks to me that Barca are trying to fuck both us and Eto'o over by offering him a 2 year extension. Barca know we want the player and that Eto'o is keen on the move as Barca seemed to have wanted to get rid of him. With the unofficial reports of this contract extension offer i think it is now time to say "Fuck them Sammie, Sign our contract, Leave these bastards to find a replacement and we will compensate the loyalty bonus for you".

This way, i believe that Barca will think "Fuck! did they just do that" and realise they have tried playing the wrong club.

C'Mon City Be Ruthless

Seems like a game of public brinksmanship between Eto'o and Barca (played out whilst trying to save face in front of the fans) to me, leaving us sat in the middle with very little to do until they sort it out:

1. We make an offer, which Barca are desperate to push through as they need the money to spend elsewhere. They want to push Eto'o through the door, so go public with it saying its a ridiculous offer which he can't refuse even though he loves the club and wants to stay and all that crap - thinking its such a good offer he's surely going to go for it, thus forfeiting his loyalty bonus and handing Barca the whole transfer fee. Barca win

2. Eto'o thinks 'fook this, I want that loyalty bonus if I am going to go', so he states that despite the fantastic offer actually he wants to stay at Barca and see out his contract (entitling him to leave on a free next summer). He knows this is the worst possible outcome for Barca, and is something they'll never allow to happen. He knows they'll have to push him out if they want the deal that badly, therefore entitling him to the loyalty bonus for not asking to leave. Eto'o wins

3. Barca call his bluff in front of the fans, saying 'great - you want to stay - sign this contract extension then' - this would take him up to 30 on the same wage he's on now, which I can't see him going for. He would therefore be almost publically admitting he didn't want to stay at Barca by not signing. Barca win again

4. Next move Eto'o

This could go on and on, and City have to either jump in and come to an agreement about reimbursing Eto'o for his 'loyalty' to Barca, or fook em all off and walk away from the deal - can't see it being sorted any time soon, so we might as well stop getting stressed about it, sit back and see how it pans out!

Pam said:
kinkyisgod said:
its Barca that hold the cards

they have 2 options - take 30mil euros from us for him now and pay him 13 mil loyalty bonus

result Barca get 17 mil euros

or

dont pay the 13 mil

result Barca keep a player who already has fallen out with the management and will be resentful and probably useless all year - plus lose him in 12 months for no fee

so the question is - do Barca feel he is worth losing 17million for 1 year of service

No, they don't get £17 million, they just don't fork it out.

yes they do get 17 mil €
€30M (our fee) - €13M (eto loyalty bonus) = €17M

Optimus Prime said:
Seems like a game of public brinksmanship between Eto'o and Barca (played out whilst trying to save face in front of the fans) to me, leaving us sat in the middle with very little to do until they sort it out:

1. We make an offer, which Barca are desperate to push through as they need the money to spend elsewhere. They want to push Eto'o through the door, so go public with it saying its a ridiculous offer which he can't refuse even though he loves the club and wants to stay and all that crap - thinking its such a good offer he's surely going to go for it, thus forfeiting his loyalty bonus and handing Barca the whole transfer fee. Barca win

2. Eto'o thinks 'fook this, I want that loyalty bonus if I am going to go', so he states that despite the fantastic offer actually he wants to stay at Barca and see out his contract (entitling him to leave on a free next summer). He knows this is the worst possible outcome for Barca, and is something they'll never allow to happen. He knows they'll have to push him out if they want the deal that badly, therefore entitling him to the loyalty bonus for not asking to leave. Eto'o wins

3. Barca call his bluff in front of the fans, saying 'great - you want to stay - sign this contract extension then' - this would take him up to 30 on the same wage he's on now, which I can't see him going for. He would therefore be almost publically admitting he didn't want to stay at Barca by not signing. Barca win again

4. Next move Eto'o

This could go on and on, and City have to either jump in and come to an agreement about reimbursing Eto'o for his 'loyalty' to Barca, or fook em all off and walk away from the deal - can't see it being sorted any time soon, so we might as well stop getting stressed about it, sit back and see how it pans out!

This !

C_T_I_D said:
At least if you don't like surprises my peccemism is consistent.

Do you want to lie and say I think it will happen to make you feel better City Die Hard?

Please, please, please, stop with the pessimistic views, fair enough you have an opinion (which is almost always negative), but to constantly repeat it over and over and over again its so boring and makes me want to kill myself! Every thread, every player its a negative, everything, everytime i read a comment of yours it takes be back to the old depressing days of division 2 and 3, try be positive once in a while it'll do you some good.

ps if Eto doesn't sign i bet you'll be the first one to say 'i told you so, someone that good will never come to city blah blah.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.