Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Balti said:
How about this for a potential way out?

City (well ADUG) pay his loyalty bonus (or preferably just a fair chunk of it). But we don't pay it to Sammy. We pay it to UNICEF or one of the African charities that he favours.

City get player. Player doesn't look quite as greedy. Charity benefits and ADUG/City are immediately linked with something worthwhile in the midst of that obscene sea of cash.

We say we want to make him a focal point for Cameroon/ Africa already anyway and that would be a hell of an opening gambit. It could even tie in with the anniversary of MVF's death

Brownie points all round.

Chicken balti pie ?

dom said:
This analysis is the one ...

However ...the way tha Et' responds to these options remains hard to call...

this a spikey, difficult kind of character...

I really wouldn't want to call this one ATM...

..which does not mean that we're doomed, merely that this is genuinely uncallable (IMO) in a way the the Kaka deal wasn't (or at least differently)

Just have to wait for 10 am tomoz...

But bottom line ..

useful though he would be .. we can live without this guy ...it's not the end of the world if he doen't but would be a major coup if we could.

Crap, I'm playing 5-a-side then :(

citizens_1976 said:
Balti said:

City (well ADUG) pay his loyalty bonus (or preferably just a fair chunk of it). But we don't pay it to Sammy. We pay it to UNICEF or one of the African charities that he favours.

City get player. Player doesn't look quite as greedy. Charity benefits and ADUG/City are immediately linked with something worthwhile in the midst of that obscene sea of cash.

We say we want to make him a focal point for Cameroon/ Africa already anyway and that would be a hell of an opening gambit. It could even tie in with the anniversary of MVF's death

He wants the money, so why would he want it to be transferred to Unicef. He is a typical african greedy bastard. Let's move on. Forlan!!!

What a stupid comment!

dannybcity said:
Balti said:

We say we want to make him a focal point for Cameroon/ Africa and that would be a hell of an opening gambit. It could even tie in with the anniversary of MVF's death

Ladies and Gentlemen...I give you Garry Cook.

Good shout , that !

I think the wording on the last post there came across as rascist..although I think this was unintentional by Balti.

Robbo. said:
Just got home from work. Is he or isnt he simple question and whats all this 180 degree turn for him to sign??

He's going to stay at Barca unless he has a sudden change of heart.

Robinho's_thumb said:
Robbo. said:
Just got home from work. Is he or isnt he simple question and whats all this 180 degree turn for him to sign??

He's going to stay at Barca unless he has a sudden change of heart.

No .. unless he has a sudden change of bonus payments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.