Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Does anyone know what time Eto'o's agent's press conference is today? 10am UK time seems to ring a bell but I'm not sure.

That's exactly how I see it Blue Coop. Nicely summarised.

Subbuteo - yes 10am

Even if there is a Press Conference today and Eto'o says he's staying at Barca, doesn't mean it's the end of it.

Posters are saying that we're being made a Laughing Stock, AFAIC Barca are the ones that are blowing it. We're just laying the money down on the table and asking if he wants to play for us.

Unless the deal plays out then it's going to cost Barca 10's of millions of pounds at a time when their biggest Rival is loading up on Galacticos.

If the Eto'o thing doesnt come off we'll just move on to our next A List target, no harm done. We're still buying good players and laying the foundations for establishing our club in the top 10 in Europe. Once we are there it will be difficult for anybody to compete with us as we're the only club in the world where money and debt isnt an issue.

The thing that bugs me is the fact that Mark Hughes quoted in the MEN a few weeks ago that if he can't sign the player he wants he would wait until January to get is man or possibly another at the same standard, I thought the press conference were at 10:00 Central Eastern Time not GMT?

dannyboy91uk said:
The thing that bugs me is the fact that Mark Hughes quoted in the MEN a few weeks ago that if he can't sign the player he wants he would wait until January to get is man or possibly another at the same standard, I thought the press conference were at 10:00 Central Eastern Time not GMT?

Sounds like he is patient to buy the right players to benefit the squad and won't buy for the sake of buying.

That bugs you?

We are not a laughing stock on this one, if some thing we are then they are the fools. He has agreed City's deal, so have Barca, but he wants his release from Barca sweetened by a 'golden handshake', that's between Barca and Eto'o.
The only thing I would add is that it is a cautionary tale for us all, that we don't build up are hopes so high that it feels like a real let down when it doesn't go through. We are guilty of that, just look through all the threads. Instead we should keep our powder very dry until the OS announce the deal is complete.

Blue Coop said:
Loyalty Bonus

Okay, il take some time before i head on out to try and explain it as far as i have it understood. Eto'o will only recieve the loyalty bonus if he is sold but still wants to stay at Barcelona (Thus forced out of the club) However, if he leaves on his own terms and is happy with a move to City because of the high wages lets say, then he does not recieve the loyalty bonus.

Laporta: "Stratospheric offer" That is too good to refuse.

Laporta trying to make it look like Eto'o is leaving on his own terms for a big contract

Agent: Eto'o likely to Stay

Agent trying to push the issue that the player would like to stay so it looks like hes being forces out

Barcelona: Fine, if you want to stay so much, heres a new contract on the same wages.

They know he won't accept the terms but the offer was there, so he cannot say he wanted to stay.

They are both playing games right now but if some sort of agreement is made (Which i would say is a high possibility) then he will become a Manchester City player. However, expect very carefully selected words from His agent at 10AM this morning because he wants it to be percieved that he wanted to stay at Barcelona, I can actually see the Press conference not clearing anything up and just further games from Eto'os Agent.

This is exactly right i reckon. In my eyes City come out of this (so far) in only a positive light - quietly doing business and keeping away from papers.. while Barca and Eto'o, plus his agent, have been made to look like money grubbing mercenaries. Of course, the papers are gonna paint the complete opposite picture but who cares? Well done to all involved in the City side of this..

HAving a read on some Barca forums its pretty unanimous that they want him OUT. Their all unhappy at the way hes holding the club to ransom so I think whatever happens he couldnt be at Barca next year. Hes either coming to us or going somewhere, theirs to much bad blood there now.

dannyboy91uk said:

11am CET.............10amUK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.