Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

alera said:
No wonder cook is looking stressed.....

Its funny the people on here are freaking out but cooky must be shitting his pants right now running up and down considering hes the co-ordinator or deal breaker in these moves.

7Superman said:
rochdalefan said:
I think the bigger picture here looks good for us, whatever the outcome.

If you sit back and look at this situation from the outside, it's all about the Eto'o and Barcelona fighting over the loyalty payment whilst City remain quiet. The fact remains, everyone agrees we are the only realistic bidders for one of the best forwards in the world. Whatever the outcome of this, we are now consistently associated with the best players and this will only bode well for us in the future. Think about Torres' comments in this mornings papers. I expect he is not the only world class player looking at City's project with more than a passing interest. Whether or not this deal comes off, the message is out there that we are in competing for the best players in the world and those players who ignore us or reject us risk missing the boat.

I think we'll probably sign Eto'o. But if we don't, there will be others. Remember the market only officially opens tomorrow and goes on 'til the end of August. Plenty of time, plenty more fish in the sea.

Don't know of the credentials of spursmad, but remember what he said yesterday. 'there will be a few days of posturing, then he'll sign'.

What did he say mate? I must've missed that

Spursmad? Eto'o or Torres?

Spursmad said there will be a few days of posturing then he'll sign.

Ilovemaineroad said:
Wexford Blue said:
Last night going to bed i'd convinced myself it was 100% off. Now i'm 75% certain it's going through... ffs.. I swore to myself after Ronaldinho, Kaka etc that i wouldn't go through this again, and wait for the OS announcement. It's just addictive.. roll on Sept 1st.. shut the bastard window..

Im with you on that, my rate must be going through the roof!!
Balls to that. Am i the only one absolutely loving all this? Fuck me i stayed up way past midnight Jan 08 when we were signing Benjani. I remember being over the moon because we'd signed Emile Mpenza (a football manger legend). All the speculation with the very best players in the world is mint.

If we don't sign him....who cares. Nobody else is signing him. People can get their jibes in. it just makes it all that sweeter when we start competing on the pitch with the big boys.

rochdalefan said:
7Superman said:
rochdalefan said:

If you sit back and look at this situation from the outside, it's all about the Eto'o and Barcelona fighting over the loyalty payment whilst City remain quiet. The fact remains, everyone agrees we are the only realistic bidders for one of the best forwards in the world. Whatever the outcome of this, we are now consistently associated with the best players and this will only bode well for us in the future. Think about Torres' comments in this mornings papers. I expect he is not the only world class player looking at City's project with more than a passing interest. Whether or not this deal comes off, the message is out there that we are in competing for the best players in the world and those players who ignore us or reject us risk missing the boat.

I think we'll probably sign Eto'o. But if we don't, there will be others. Remember the market only officially opens tomorrow and goes on 'til the end of August. Plenty of time, plenty more fish in the sea.

Don't know of the credentials of spursmad, but remember what he said yesterday. 'there will be a few days of posturing, then he'll sign'.

Torres

waspish said:
did someone on shitesports (this is what i'm calling them from now on!) just say city didn't put a bid in for eto'o?(just caught a snippet might be wrong) if this is the case its all down
to eto'o's agent trying squeese barcelona for a new and improved contract using us as a leverage.

I think we would of denied it by now mate like we have done with Messi etc. :)

svennis pennis said:
Ian payne changing the subject after the spanish journo says he will reach agreement with us if barca do the same.

Ha ha! He looks gutted.

They know Eto'o is coming to lickle citeh and it's sticking right in their craw.

johnmc said:
I can imagine Cook sat by the phone with it ringing but he ignores it and says "they'll ring back" ala Kevin Spacey in the Negotiator
we should send an sms, comin or not

7Superman said:
rochdalefan said:
7Superman said:
rochdalefan said:

Torres

Basically that City could be top 4 next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.