Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

tolmie's hairdoo said:
nu774ll said:
Well are you going to tell us anything we dont know batman!!? do you actually know anything??
There is no news, because all the main issues concern parties aside from City.
It may also explain why Spursmad, Ajay, other respected posters, my own sources for info have nowt to say.

Only sticking to their belief that Eto'o will get done.

lol respected posters, maybe they are having the deceny to keep quite because theyve been telling the world the Eto'o deals been done , (closely followed by you repeating them) only for the players agent to clearly state that he had had no contact with City at all !!!

The MEN has now changed their slant, same as the Guardian article, although they are owned by Guardian Media, so it makes sense. Following the earlier post, not sure how good their translation is regarding the word "delighted", maybe he just said he would be happy to talk to City? Either way it's good news

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1123489_etoo_future_in_balance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... in_balance</a>

SAMUEL Eto’o would like to stay at Barcelona next season but would be “delighted” to join Manchester City if he can’t agree a new contract with the Spanish champions, the player’s agent has announced.

Eto’o has just one year remaining on his current deal with the Catalan giants and Josep Maria Mesalles is unhappy that the club appear to be forcing Eto’o out against his wishes.

Mesalles called a press conference to clarify his client’s situation on Tuesday morning.

In it, he claimed Barcelona - for the second year running - had initially told him Eto’o was free to leave the Nou Camp although the club changed tack last night by putting a new two-year deal on the table for the Cameroon international.

“On June 2, the club called a meeting and I was told by (Barca sporting director) Txiki Begiristain and (director of football) Raul Sanllehi that due to a technical decision, Samuel does not feature in the club’s plans next season,” he said.

“We then had another meeting and I was told once again that Samuel was not in their plans for next season.”

Mesalles is keen to speak to Barca coach Pep Guardiola to clarify the situation.

“Guardiola said at the end of the season that he was delighted with Samuel, so I don’t know what has changed,” he said.

“My mistake was to not verify this information and we need to find out what the coach wants, because he is the one who ultimately decides.”

Treble

Barcelona offered Eto’o, who scored 35 goals as Barca claimed an unprecedented treble of the Primera Division, Copa del Rey and Champions League last season, the new deal last night, but Mesalles is unsure as to the club’s motives.

“I don’t know if everything changed in the space of an afternoon, I don’t know if they really want Samuel to stay of if they just want to make money out of him,” he said.

Mesalles insists his player’s preference is to stay at the Nou Camp, but says he will leave if he is not wanted.

“He would be delighted to stay if they want him and we will study their offer if it is serious, but if they don’t want him we will do all we can to help Samuel find a new club,” he said.

Mesalles revealed that he has not spoken to Manchester City, who have reportedly made a 25.5million euro offer for Eto’o and put to him a contract described by Barca president Joan Laporta as “stratospheric”.

“We have not sat down to speak to them (City), but they have made Barcelona an offer,” he said.

Mesalles said Eto’o had wanted to play in the Champions League next season, but that he would be happy to join Mark Hughes’ side if he cannot reach an agreement to remain in Catalonia.

“In theory he wanted to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there,” he said.

Mesalles spent half of Monday with Eto’o in Paris, but the player is now on holiday with his family and is planning to return for pre-season training on July 20.

“He will arrive in Barcelona on July 19 and will be ready for the first day of training and the medical exams the next day,” Mesalles said.

Graham Cunter says its not 'definitive' we've missed out. Goes on about how complex the deal is, confirmed from the agent that they haven't talked to us, (Eto'o to us, not Barcas to us). A few snide giggles from Andy the wanker Jacobs. I really would like to punch that little shit in the face, hard. Says the situation between Eto'o and Barca is now 'a complete mess'.

Pretty much confirms what the translations are saying on here, but he is more complimentary to us than I thought he'd be, thats for sure. He's still goin on with himself now about Villa.

I just dont see him coming and ultimately us moving on without joy, hope I am wrong.

However if it was Tevez or Eto'o I would rather have Tevez!

raininspain said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Shaelumstash said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/30/etoo-barcelona-stay-manchester-city

Eto'o would be "delighted" to join City

Samuel Eto'o would like to stay at Barcelona next season but would be "delighted" to join Manchester City if he can't agree a new two-year contract with the Spanish champions, the player's agent said today.

Eto'o has one year remaining on his current deal with the Catalan giants and Josep Maria Mesalles is unhappy that the club appear to be forcing Eto'o out against his wishes in spite of the offer of a contract extension.

"On 2 June, the club called a meeting and I was told by (Barcelona sporting director) Txiki Begiristain and (director of football) Raul Sanllehi that due to a technical decision, Samuel does not feature in the club's plans next season," said Mesalles in a press conference today. "We then had another meeting and I was told once again that Samuel was not in their plans for next season."

Mesalles is keen to speak to Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola to clarify the situation.

"Guardiola said at the end of the season that he was delighted with Samuel, so I don't know what has changed," he said. "My mistake was to not verify this information and we need to find out what the coach wants, because he is the one who ultimately decides."

Barcelona offered Eto'o the new deal last night, but Mesalles is unsure as to the club's motives.

"I don't know if they really want Samuel to stay of if they just want to make money out of him. He would be delighted to stay if they want him and we will study their offer if it is serious, but if they don't want him we will do all we can to help Samuel find a new club. In theory he wanted to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there."

Eto'o scored 35 goals as Barcelona claimed an unprecedented treble of the Primera Division, Copa del Rey and Champions League last season, and is reportedly the target of a £25m transfer bid by Manchester City. The player is now on holiday with his family and is planning to return for pre-season training on 20 July.

"He will arrive in Barcelona on 19 July and will be ready for the first day of training and the medical exams the next day," Mesalles said

Get in!

Unfortunately, the Guardian do not understand Spanish particularly well. Their translation is very free, and NOWHERE does the word 'delighted' appear in any of the reports over here.

Still, I'm still positive. There's a three-way deal waiting to happen here:

Villa from Valencia to Barcelona
Eto'o from Barcelona to City
Kerreison from Palmeiras to Valencia

It's like buying a house, when you get into a chain. Just hope we don't get gazumped!

I think he has signed for Barca...

Re: 13 MILLION BIG ONES!

heatonmoorblue said:
I want eto'o but 38 mill is us breaking the british transfer record for a 28 year old who is in his last year of his contract. A bit too much if you ask me.
i agree 100% but if we dont get him now we will again be a laughin stock and i feel if we dont get him we wont get tevez either and then we will be say see ya to robbie because he was told there would more to follow ....

RealMancsAreBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
nu774ll said:
Well are you going to tell us anything we dont know batman!!? do you actually know anything??
There is no news, because all the main issues concern parties aside from City.
It may also explain why Spursmad, Ajay, other respected posters, my own sources for info have nowt to say.

Only sticking to their belief that Eto'o will get done.

lol respected posters, maybe they are having the deceny to keep quite because theyve been telling the world the Eto'o deals been done , (closely followed by you repeating them) only for the players agent to clearly state that he had had no contact with City at all !!!

I'm not being funny mate but you're properly naive if you think that his agent is telling the truth.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5407355,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 55,00.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.