Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
RealMancsAreBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
nu774ll said:
Well are you going to tell us anything we dont know batman!!? do you actually know anything??
There is no news, because all the main issues concern parties aside from City.
It may also explain why Spursmad, Ajay, other respected posters, my own sources for info have nowt to say.

Only sticking to their belief that Eto'o will get done.

lol respected posters, maybe they are having the deceny to keep quite because theyve been telling the world the Eto'o deals been done , (closely followed by you repeating them) only for the players agent to clearly state that he had had no contact with City at all !!!

I'm not being funny mate but you're properly naive if you think that his agent is telling the truth.

I agree, lets not start a linch mob for the heads of the decent ITKs we have onboard.

Eto'o wants his money and quite rightly to, I also get the feeling that Barca did'nt expect that Eto'o would agree to come to City so quickly and have been caught unawares.

Until Barca have Villa in the bag then expect delays and petty bickerings (thats if you can call 10 million smakeroonies bickering). You can't blame them, but it's unprofessional and bleedin annoying.

I think Barca know exactly what they are doing and the key is Villa.....Could be wrong.

stavros said:
baldybouncer said:
To many contradictory statements spouting forth from Eto'os agent. I think somebody is taking the piss, so it's time to walk away from this mess. If Eto'o wants to come to us then he should fuckin' well say so.

ffs he cant mate can he? because if he said that he wouldnt get hos 13 million loyalty payment

So that means we've become a political football, so as I stated previously "somebody is taking the piss", be it Eto'o, his agent or Barca. We'll be crying over spilt milk soon if we don't say ta ta to this.

Re: 13 MILLION BIG ONES!

NSBFL said:
heatonmoorblue said:
I want eto'o but 38 mill is us breaking the british transfer record for a 28 year old who is in his last year of his contract. A bit too much if you ask me.

Our best chance to get him is now. If he were out of contract, I doubt we would get a look in. Therefore, to us it is irrelevant whether there's one year or three years left on his Barca deal. Ergo, 38 million for one of the top 3 strikers in the world is not so terrible.

As for other comments that suggest he doesn't really want to play for us... I have no concerns at all. Last year, after being unceremoniously hocked around - even to Uzbekistan or whatever - he must have begrudged his Barca employers, yet he still banged in the goals that led to an unprecedented trebble. The guy simply knows where the net is. Besides, I am confident us Blues fans would show him the love he needs to love City back in return.
we will get a look in next year 'cos i think we'll qualify for the champs league this year. We'll be a more viable option as soon as we make the champs league. We'll be able to get anyone because we can pay more than anyone else, being in the champs league is the main thing for a lot of these players, they want money but the attention the champs league brings is what makes them tick.

blumoon said:
MattyIce said:
Has the press conference not already taken place?

ketcgl.gif

Now that is fuckin funny

hey can sum1 tell me where there getting there info from regarding the fact that theres another press conference at 3 spanish time???

I want eto'o but 38 mill is us breaking the british transfer record for a 28 year old who is in his last year of his contract. A bit too much if you ask me.

why is paying 38m for a 28 year old to much Real just paid 60m for Kaka is he nearly 27 ETO'O will score more goals than Kaka I think we should just offer it now come on ADUG IT MAKES SENCE

baldybouncer said:
stavros said:
baldybouncer said:
To many contradictory statements spouting forth from Eto'os agent. I think somebody is taking the piss, so it's time to walk away from this mess. If Eto'o wants to come to us then he should fuckin' well say so.

ffs he cant mate can he? because if he said that he wouldnt get hos 13 million loyalty payment

So that means we've become a political football, so as I stated previously "somebody is taking the piss", be it Eto'o, his agent or Barca. We'll be crying over spilt milk soon if we don't say ta ta to this.
the fact is mate when signing a genuine world class player it takes time and deals are complicated. yes we may have to sit tight and wait a week or so but believe me cook et al will be trying everything within their capabilities to get this guy.
eto'o is entitled to demand this money from barca. it was in the contract.
i belive we will come to some sort of agreement to sort this loyalty payment out, and eto'o will be a city player.
think positive .
dont forget it took madrid 3 years to sign tranny lol

Ricster said:
Its simple, cough up the £38m and lets see where we stand.

If Kaka's worth £67m, then Eto'o is worth the same to us. We are crying out for a goalscorer, so £38m is a steal.

Would you pay £38m for Villa? Yes!
Would you pay £38m for Torres? Yes!

How much did Chelsea pay for Drogba? Eto'o is the twice the player that clown is.

You have to be willing to pay the odds, and if Eto'o didn't have a year left on his contract, we wouldn't bat an eyelid at anything upto £50m.

Just do it!
i agree with all those points, but IMO he wants champs league and we can't offer it. Do you really think he'll sign if we paid the £13m? because im not too sure!

"If Barca don't want him they should say so, so we can pursue the player's future in a professional manner.

"The club said coach Pep Guardiola did not want him. Guardiola has not told the player he is not required."

Eto'o has a contract with Barcelona until 2010, but Mesalles claims he did not receive an offer of an extension until almost midnight on Monday when the club offered a two-year extension on the same salary.

Mesalles believes that, if Barcelona have received an offer from City they should be open about it.

"If they have a serious offer from Manchester City, and if they want to continue with this negotiation we could be interested," Mesalles added.

"We haven't spoken to City but if Barca have reached an agreement it shouldn't be that difficult to reach a deal."

last sentance is very very positive!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.