Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: 13 MILLION BIG ONES!

charliebigspuds said:
cant say i agree mate, don't think the lad want's to play for us and is using this as a get out clause. If we was in the chumps league it may be a different story as i'm sure he would come. This seems so much like the Kaka deal, IMO we're going for Chumps league quality without qualifying for the chumps league.

Absolutely.

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

stavros said:
baldybouncer said:
stavros said:
baldybouncer said:
To many contradictory statements spouting forth from Eto'os agent. I think somebody is taking the piss, so it's time to walk away from this mess. If Eto'o wants to come to us then he should fuckin' well say so.

ffs he cant mate can he? because if he said that he wouldnt get hos 13 million loyalty payment

So that means we've become a political football, so as I stated previously "somebody is taking the piss", be it Eto'o, his agent or Barca. We'll be crying over spilt milk soon if we don't say ta ta to this.
the fact is mate when signing a genuine world class player it takes time and deals are complicated. yes we may have to sit tight and wait a week or so but believe me cook et al will be trying everything within their capabilities to get this guy.
eto'o is entitled to demand this money from barca. it was in the contract.
i belive we will come to some sort of agreement to sort this loyalty payment out, and eto'o will be a city player.
think positive .
dont forget it took madrid 3 years to sign tranny lol

That'd be bloody typical wouldn't it... we wait 3 years, and then he's 31!

I know i got the facepalm treatment but what exactly do you mean by it reagerding my question?

This deal is definitely still alive. It's clear Eto'o is only due the £10m loyalty bonus if barca ask him to leave. Laporta went to the press on Sunday to talk up the deal talking of "stratospheric" wages to try and nudge Eto'o in to asking for a move. His agent has called his bluff and said he wants to stay, but has also left the door open for City by saying he is happy to talk to us if Barca accept an offer and ask him to leave (thereby allowing Eto'o to collect the bonus).

His agent said Barca text him a contract offer last night for a 2 year extension on the same terms. No world class 28 year old is going to agree to the same terms on a contract extention, so again this looks like Barca tring to nudge Eto'o out. His agent has confirmed that Barca said in 2 seperate meetings over the last month that they wanted Eto'o to leave.

If Eto'o was happy to stay at Barca, and happy to sign a new deal on the same terms, why on earth would his agent go through with the press conference? Surely he would just call a meeting with Barca and draw up a contract? If he was going to sign the extention, why would he say Barca had asked him to leave twice, and why would he leave the door open to speak to us?

Shaelumstash said:
If Eto'o was happy to stay at Barca, and happy to sign a new deal on the same terms, why on earth would his agent go through with the press conference? Surely he would just call a meeting with Barca and draw up a contract? If he was going to sign the extention, why would he say Barca had asked him to leave twice, and why would he leave the door open to speak to us?

'cause he's an agent.

Re: 13 MILLION BIG ONES!

charliebigspuds said:
Ricster said:
Its simple, cough up the £38m and lets see where we stand.

If Kaka's worth £67m, then Eto'o is worth the same to us. We are crying out for a goalscorer, so £38m is a steal.

Would you pay £38m for Villa? Yes!
Would you pay £38m for Torres? Yes!

How much did Chelsea pay for Drogba? Eto'o is the twice the player that clown is.

You have to be willing to pay the odds, and if Eto'o didn't have a year left on his contract, we wouldn't bat an eyelid at anything upto £50m.

Just do it!
i agree with all those points, but IMO he wants champs league and we can't offer it. Do you really think he'll sign if we paid the £13m? because im not too sure!

His agent has said in a press conferance this morning that the loyalty bonus is the stumbling block, and that if Eto'o can sort that out with Barca he will come to City.

Its a big green light for me.

ye but where did sum1 get the 3pm press conference from,this place seems to be the only place that is saying there is one for his agent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.