Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Am I the only one who thinks we should walk away now, tell Barca, Eto'o and his agent to use some other pawn in their games and move on to our next target.
Whoever that target is, the club, agent, player etc should be told, any leaks or indiscretions and we walk away.

We need to maintain OUR dignity in these negotiations, even when others don't. The Kaka affair was enough, we need to show that being nouveau riche does'nt mean you lack class.

Crumpsall Blue said:
wee bit confused.

I understand that Eto wouldn`t be entitled to anything if he forces the transfer but he is entitled to a pay off if he`s forced out by Barca. Is that corect?

However, Isn`t Barca offering him a 2 year contract not showing that they want him?

Surely some sort of deal will be struck here?
the two year contract is derisory, barca are trying to make it look like they want to keep him.they know sammy will tell them to shove it !

Crumpsall Blue said:
wee bit confused.

I understand that Eto wouldn`t be entitled to anything if he forces the transfer but he is entitled to a pay off if he`s forced out by Barca. Is that corect?

However, Isn`t Barca offering him a 2 year contract not showing that they want him?

Youd of thought so and thats why barca have been clever to offer him the contract. altho etoo cud fuck them over by saying fair enuf ill stay and u wont get fuck all for me in 2 years when my contracts up... or etoo can decline there contract and go on a free in teh summer... either way barca are getin fucked

2 year deal @ the same pay & no 13 mil loyalty payment

vs

come to city & get:

a big boost in pay for 4-5 years (equalling much mor ethan the 13 mil payment)
and probably a nice little singing on fee..

financially it makes more sense to get out of there..

for barca to offer a player of his calibre a 2 year agreement with NO PAY RAISE, is basically them saying they dont want him...

Crumpsall Blue said:
wee bit confused.

The general feeling is that barca offered that knowing Eto'o would turn it down, so barca are trying to make it difficult for him to stay.

Kinky by name said:
Shaelumstash said:
If Eto'o was happy to stay at Barca, and happy to sign a new deal on the same terms, why on earth would his agent go through with the press conference? Surely he would just call a meeting with Barca and draw up a contract? If he was going to sign the extention, why would he say Barca had asked him to leave twice, and why would he leave the door open to speak to us?

'cause he's an agent.

Slagging off the club president, management, and administrative staff is probably not the best strategy to negotiate an extention though, but may well speed up a sale

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS PRESS CONFERENCE AT 3 O CLOCK TODAY,SHOULD REVEAL ALOT!!

The Fixer said:
Crumpsall Blue said:
wee bit confused.

The general feeling is that barca offered that knowing Eto'o would turn it down, so barca are trying to make it difficult for him to stay.
i think we're clutching at straws here lads, it looks to me like we are his last choice.
i reckon if someone comes in whos in CL. he'll fuck off to them.

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged] a Personal View

Quite obviously this transfer is up in the air at the moment but I can't help feeling more positive today than I was last night when I thought it was dead in the water. The fact that Eto'os agent is saying that he would like to stay if wanted but if Barca come to an agreement with us, then he would be happy to come, leaves things wide open.
Clearly the Eto'o camp is at odds with Barca , whilst Barca would like to move him on to raise funds, which we speculate will be used to buy Villa. It would appear that the relationship between Eto'o and Barca is damaged so I believe that the chances of him coming are as good as they have ever been.
It looks as thought the talks between Garry Cook and Laporta have led to good relations between the two clubs and it is entirely possible that they have manufactured such a move together. The Press conference has left City looking in a better light and should we not suceed in getting our man then the PR should not be too bad particularly as City have retained a dignified silence throughout.
The good thing about the timing is that if things go wrong we have time for Plan B, that could also be a top striker from Spain !

those people worried about citys name bein harmed if this goes tits up need not worry, eto'os agent who is clearly lying but never the less stated in press conf that there has been no discussions with us, therefore were imune from it if it does go wrong, so like i said a zillion times yesterday were in this until city put something official out, i actually feel more confident than i did 24hrs ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.