Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: 13 MILLION BIG ONES!

black mamba said:
If it comes off it'll be against Eto's wishes ........ he clearly wants to stay another season at Barca but they fancy taking Citys money ...... Eto's hanging on in the hope that they'll come round to offering him an extension , but they want him out ........ in that case would his heart really be in it if he came here?

I beg to differ, I think he's happy to come to City he just wants what he's owed.

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

From the BBC....balancedish

Barcelona have offered Manchester City's £25m transfer target Samuel Eto'o a new two-year contract, according to the striker's agent.

Josep Maria Mesalles revealed the offer at a press conference designed to clarify the 28-year-old's future.

He claimed the offer was on the same terms as his current deal and he would be prepared to discuss a move to Eastlands if Barca opted to sell him.

The Cameroon striker is scheduled to return to training on 20 July.

Mesalles insisted Eto'o had been told at the end of the season that he was not in coach Pep Guardiola's plans for next term - but now a new offered had been tabled by the Catalans on Monday evening.

He said: "On June 2, the club called a meeting and I was told by Barca sporting director Txiki Begiristain and director of football Raul Sanllehi that due to a technical decision, Samuel does not feature in the club's plans next season.

"We then had another meeting and I was told once again that Samuel was not in their plans for next season. Guardiola said at the end of the season that he was delighted with Samuel, so I don't know what has changed.

"My mistake was to not verify this information and we need to find out what the coach wants, because he is the one who ultimately decides."

606: DEBATE
I am not sure that the demanding and tough Premier League will do the not very physical Samuel Eto'o any good - he will just be another fairly good player here

iMike_The_Blue

And he now wants further talks with Barcelona about the change of heart that has resulted in Eto'o being offered a fresh contract.

Mesalles said: "I don't know if everything changed in the space of an afternoon, I don't know if they really want Samuel to stay of if they just want to make money out of him.

"He would be delighted to stay if they want him and we will study their offer if it is serious, but if they don't want him we will do all we can to help Samuel find a new club

"We have not sat down to speak to them Manchester City, but they have made Barcelona an offer. In theory he wanted to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there."

City's move may have become entangled in politics at the Nou Camp, with Eto'o aware he can leave on a free transfer in a year's time and Barcelona facing the prospect of missing out on a huge fee if he decides to stay.

The Spanish club's president Joan Laporta claimed City have made the Cameroon international a "stratospheric offer" to join them.

Reports have suggested the Eastlands club have offered Eto'o wages of up to £250,000 per week, which would make him the highest-paid player in the world.

City refused to confirm or deny that they have made an offer.

Eto'o joined Barcelona in 2004, signing from Mallorca for a fee of about £16m, and has since scored more than 100 goals in his five seasons with the club.

He helped the Catalan side to win a treble trophy haul of the Spanish league title, domestic cup and Champions League in the 2008-2009 campaign.

Eto'o scored the opening goal in the Champions League final in Rome as Barcelona beat Manchester United 2-0.

In doing so he became only the second player, after Raul, to score in two Champions League finals because Eto'o was also on target in Barcelona's 2-1 victory against Arsenal in 2006.

Already this summer City have signed striker Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn for £18m and Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry for £12m.

And it is believed City are also chasing Manchester United forward Carlos Tevez, who is soon to be out of contract, and Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

Espanyol have also confirmed that City are keen to sign their 16-year-old midfielder Joan Angel Roman.

blueandy1mac said:
Am I the only one who thinks we should walk away now, tell Barca, Eto'o and his agent to use some other pawn in their games and move on to our next target.
Whoever that target is, the club, agent, player etc should be told, any leaks or indiscretions and we walk away.

We need to maintain OUR dignity in these negotiations, even when others don't. The Kaka affair was enough, we need to show that being nouveau riche does'nt mean you lack class.

WHY WHY WHY FFS

So we don't ever try to sign a player unless he is a dead cert? We just give up because the deal gets a bit difficult.

Do you really care what is said by sniping anti city media arseholes. Which English team has even come this close to a deal like this lately? I for one can still see this happening.

The Fixer said:
larderland said:
The Fixer said:
larderland said:
LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS PRESS CONFERENCE AT 3 O CLOCK TODAY,SHOULD REVEAL ALOT!!

There is no press conference!

HOWD U KNOW?

Cos i'm a clever cnut;) seriously the poster who told us of the pc stated a few pages back that he mis-interpreted ther agent comments, so no pc.

so now we play the waiting game?

Ok don't shoot the messenger but my mum is inSpain at the moment and Spanish press are saying it is eto'o that does a u-turn. Apparently barca said he could leave if he wanted too a few weeks ago and the message from the eto'o camp is that he wanted a new challenge. City and barca agreed a deal, which eto'o was informed about and then we have offered what we believed were good wages. Now eto'o is determined to stay barca are apparently furious! They have offered him a 2 year extention in an attempt to force the move as he is only being offered the same terms of his current deal. We are caught in the middle! Whether his agent is trying to find another club or whether he wants more money it doesn't say, but the problem is between eto'o and barca, and eto'os camp have scheduled another press conference for 5pm their time. Squeeky bum time me thinks!

dannybcity said:
Can I propose that we don't listern to backagains translations anymore.

Pleasure would have saved me a lot of trouble you mindless FUCK!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.