Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Eto's agent is at war with Barca and it is clear as day they want him out of the door and Eto does not want to go.
As soon as Barca heard his agent was holding a press conference they offered him a 2 year deal on the same terms at 11.30 pm at night to keep their fans sweet.
Heres the video link
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20090629/53734617125.html?IDMC=53735009257#

It is quite clear to everyone in the media world Barca are doing exactly the same as what Milan did with Kaka. They are scared of a fans backlash, and Eto and his agent know this.
Eto and co claim they have never sat down with anyone from Manchester City, but they would be willing to if Barca said publicly that they do not want Eto.
I believe Barca agreed this move with City before even discussing it with the player and he is causing murders as he is upset.
The players agent says that Eto has it in his contract that whatever fee he is sold for he recieves 50%. This is in his contract and he has not asked for this or even discussed it.

It's obvious to me unless Eto takes the deal on the same wages he will stay at Barca. Like anyone Eto and his agent will seek the best deal the player can get for his last big contract. They are looking at Barca to match Citys terms (which aint going to happen) so now they want to make Barca look like they are stabbing eto in the back.

My verdict............Eto will come to City, but it wont be this week. It could be late July and till then there will be a war of words between Eto and Club.

blueinsa said:
only1paulsimpson said:
bluemoon32 said:
only1paulsimpson said:
ive just had a pm from spursmad........maintains eto is 100% done,just sit back and watch it unfold.

also tevez announcement very very soon, lescott 100% done

Here we go again ffs

just passing on info

Its called a pm for a reason mate.

point taken....schoolboy error!!!

news flash
barcelona do not want to sign eto'o!
I am not going to put my kneck on the line and say he is going to sign for us, but he will not sign for barca! they have offered him a useless contract as they dont want him to sign.
Think about this for a second, he will cost barca 40million for 2 years! they would lose 25mil from city and he has a 15mil loyalty clause in his contract!
They have put this offer in for eto'o so they can say to there fans "we did everything we could to keep him, but he wanted to leave!"
at the end of the day if we get eto'o, barca will get villa. We will be happy, barca will be happy and bacon face will be sat at home drowning himself in whisky wondering why nobody wants to play for his little trafford park rovers anymore

All the Barcelona fans seem to think Eto'o is finished at Barcelona now after what his agent published to the press.

uncle trautmann said:
news flash
barcelona do not want to sign eto'o!
I am not going to put my kneck on the line and say he is going to sign for us, but he will not sign for barca! they have offered him a useless contract as they dont want him to sign.
Think about this for a second, he will cost barca 40million for 2 years! they would lose 25mil from city and he has a 15mil loyalty clause in his contract!
They have put this offer in for eto'o so they can say to there fans "we did everything we could to keep him, but he wanted to leave!"
at the end of the day if we get eto'o, barca will get villa. We will be happy, barca will be happy and bacon face will be sat at home drowning himself in whisky wondering why nobody wants to play for his little trafford park rovers anymore
this has been established on here already mate, but ta, and welcome by the way

10robinho10 said:
Can someone recap what has happened today please ?
Thanks

we are still in with a shout but Eto'o wants a payment that is written into his contract and Barca don't want to pay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.