Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

nickson71 said:
10robinho10 said:
Can someone recap what has happened today please ?
Thanks

we are still in with a shout but Eto'o wants a payment that is written into his contract and Barca don't want to pay

if it truly is written into his contract then I don't see how there's even an argument?

Andouble said:
nickson71 said:
10robinho10 said:
Thanks

we are still in with a shout but Eto'o wants a payment that is written into his contract and Barca don't want to pay

if it truly is written into his contract then I don't see how there's even an argument?

He would only get it if he was forced out of the club, if he says he wants to stay and they push him out he gets it, Barca offered him a 2 year contract knowing he wouldn't sign, thus meaning that he didn't really want to stay and thus negating the loyalty payment. Stalemate it would seem.

Andouble said:
nickson71 said:
10robinho10 said:
Thanks

easy if Eto'o want's to move he loses the cash BUT if Barca sell he gets the payment that is basically whats in the contract, it would appear

10robinho10 said:
Thanks
Samuel Eto'o was seen in Chester Zoo's gift shop buying an inflatable camel when he recieved a texted contract offer from Barca saying the following...

'Hi Sammy-boy dis is Juan-La, weve decided 2 offer u a new contract m8 4 2 years @ same wage as now wiv no loyalty bonus. Is dat ok? If so tb 2 my numba m8 n we'l sort it asap use cbfsms.net to send unlimited text messages to your friends'

He read the text and immediately phoned his agent from a call box (sam had no credit either). He instructed his agent to hold a press conference to tell everyone he's a blue but at that vital moment his pips went so thats why his agent is saying Samuel wants to stay.

Barca are obviously really angry about this as his agent is saying Samuel will sit out the rest of his contract. Barca want rid because they want to buy David Villa - who was seen in their club shop with the new kit on. Valencia are getting Kerry Katona's son (spelling) in return for selling Villa to Barca. Valencia originally wanted Jo but he is cup tied.

So now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully common sense will prevail, Eto'o will top up his phone and all this mess will be sorted. Peace out.

ono said:
10robinho10 said:
Thanks
Samuel Eto'o was seen in Chester Zoo's gift shop buying an inflatable camel when he recieved a texted contract offer from Barca saying the following...

'Hi Sammy-boy dis is Juan-La, weve decided 2 offer u a new contract m8 4 2 years @ same wage as now wiv no loyalty bonus. Is dat ok? If so tb 2 my numba m8 n we'l sort it asap use cbfsms.net to send unlimited text messages to your friends'

He read the text and immediately phoned his agent from a call box (sam had no credit either). He instructed his agent to hold a press conference to tell everyone he's a blue but at that vital moment his pips went so thats why his agent is saying Samuel wants to stay.

Barca are obviously really angry about this as his agent is saying Samuel will sit out the rest of his contract. Barca want rid because they want to buy David Villa - who was seen in their club shop with the new kit on. Valencia are getting Kerry Katona's son (spelling) in return for selling Villa to Barca. Valencia originally wanted Jo but he is cup tied.

So now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully common sense will prevail, Eto'o will top up his phone and all this mess will be sorted. Peace out.

tell me more...........

what happened to the camel ??

samharris said:
ono said:
10robinho10 said:
Thanks

tell me more...........

what happened to the camel ??
Samuel is deflating it as we speak. He's debating whether or not to put it in his hand luggage or suitcase. He's flying back to Barca to set them straight.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Andouble said:
nickson71 said:
10robinho10 said:
Thanks

He would only get it if he was forced out of the club, if he says he wants to stay and they push him out he gets it, Barca offered him a 2 year contract knowing he wouldn't sign, thus meaning that he didn't really want to stay and thus negating the loyalty payment. Stalemate it would seem.

Or from another point of view Barca could keep it if he left. Semantics almost. But the argument is reportedly over £13mill

MADRID

Samuel Eto’s agent has paved the way for the striker’s move to Manchester City after hitting out at Barcelona’s handling of the summer transfer wrangle.

Josep Maria Mesalles, the Cameroon star’s representative, on Tuesday said Eto’o was happy to stay at the Nou Camp but would not stand in the way if the European champions wanted to cash in.

Mesalles angrily accused Barca of leaking stories to the media that cast Eto’o in a bad light and said: “The player wants to stay and complete the last year of his contract. If Barca don’t want him they should say so, so we can pursue the player’s future in a professional manner.

“If they have a serious offer from Manchester City, and if they want to continue with this negotiation, I don’t have a problem dealing with the English club. In theory he wanted to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there.

“We haven’t spoken to City but if Barca have reached an agreement it shouldn’t be that difficult to reach a deal.”

Mesalles says he had agreed to ‘work in co-operation’ to get the best for both Barcelona and his player, who has a year left to run on his current contract.

Another meeting

“On June 2, the club called a meeting and I was told by (Barca sporting director) Txiki Begiristain and (director of football) Raul Sanllehi that due to a technical decision, Samuel does not feature in the club’s plans next season. We then had another meeting and I was told once again that Samuel was not in their plans for next season.

“Guardiola said at the end of the season that he was delighted with Samuel, so I don’t know what has changed. I don’t know if everything changed in the space of an afternoon, I don’t know if they really want Samuel to stay of if they just want to make money out of him. ‘Eto’o believes that is still useful for FC Barcelona. If not I would go and be the first to ask to be transferred.”

Barca seemingly tried to avert yesterday’s press conference by offering Eto’o a two-year extension to his contract on Tuesday.

The offer came without a pay increase, in contrast to City’s offer to make the striker the best-paid player in the world with a £180,000 a week net offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.