Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Does people think much of his agent saying nothing will happen til 19th july or is that just based on if he stayed with barca ?

I am usually fairly negative but something inside me says this deal WILL be done!! There's politics being played....................Barca don't really want him and he doesn't want them!! Just hang on to your hats Blues..........................

I think there are massive internal politics going on at the Nou Camp. Until Barcelona/Etoo/his agent/spanish press have sorted themselves ouy, City are right to wait on the sidelines. In the knowledge we have made our offer.

I think Barcelona will implode over this one and we should bide our time.

wrongun73 said:
sky have finally put on their web page at 10pm what weve known all afternoon, that eto'o could still go to city.... dicks

Seriously, I used to think Setanta were shyte, but Sky really are taking the piss for the last 6 months or so. It started with the "Chief news reporter Brian Swanson" standing in the pissing rain outside the wrong building in Milan reporting completely the wrong thing on Kaka in January and has continued ever since.

marco said:
question
if barrca keep eto and then he walks next season then barca get nothing and have to pay eto the full loyalty bonus this costing approx 13 million euros. now if eto was bought with a five year contract by barca then simple maths say they should knock 1/5th off the bonus so by selling him today they would get 28 million minus the bonus 10.4 milliom, 2.6 million short because he has left early,this would leave barca with 17.6 million in the bank,this has to be better than him walking next year
so to my point what is the problem?

Que?

wrongun73 said:
sky have finally put on their web page at 10pm what weve known all afternoon, that eto'o could still go to city.... dicks

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5408429,00.html

Eto'o could still join City
Barca striker's agent hits out at Camp Nou club
Last updated: 30th June 2009

Samuel Eto'o could still become a Manchester City player this summer despite being offered a new two-year deal by Barcelona.

The Cameroon international striker is keen to stay at Camp Nou but his agent, Josep Maria Mesalles, has become angered by the European champions' handling of the situation.

Barca president Joan Laporta admitted on Sunday night that City had made a 'stratospheric offer' to take Eto'o to Eastlands.

Mesalles claims Barca have told him that his client is surplus to requirements despite playing a key role in their treble success last term, and has questioned the motives of their latest contract offer.

Unrealistic
He said: "We have had two meetings with the club and they have told us both times that Samuel is not in their plans for next season.

"I don't know if they made the offer because they want him to stay or because they want to make money.

"They want 30 to 35 million euros from his sale and that is unrealistic - he has one year left on his contract and they are asking for too much, especially in a year when he would play the African Cup of Nations and then the World Cup in the summer."

Mesalles is confident a fee could be agreed with City, who have proved that money is no object in the transfer market, having already shelled out a reported £18million to bring in Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn.

"Samuel is very disappointed with Barcelona," Mesalles continued.

Good option
"If we find out for sure that they don't want him, then we will do our best to find him another club and Manchester City would be a good option.

"There are only about six or seven clubs out there who could afford Samuel, but Manchester City is one and they are a serious club."

Eto'o has won three league titles and two Champions Leagues with Barcelona, and his priority would be to play in Europe's premier club competition next season, Mesalles revealed.

But he claims City's absence from Europe would not deter his client from a move to Eastlands.

"In theory he wants to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there," he said.

- couple of encouraging quotes there tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.