Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

marco said:
anyone have the latest odds,bet they have shortend since this morning

god know's as they will have closed the books overnight

best having a look in the morning

svennis pennis said:
wrongun73 said:
sky have finally put on their web page at 10pm what weve known all afternoon, that eto'o could still go to city.... dicks

Seriously, I used to think Setanta were shyte, but Sky really are taking the piss for the last 6 months or so. It started with the "Chief news reporter Brian Swanson" standing in the pissing rain outside the wrong building in Milan reporting completely the wrong thing on Kaka in January and has continued ever since.

LOL I miss Brian. He lightens up my day :)

I think if Eto'o really wanted to stay he would gladly sign on the dotted line with the extension (If winning meant anything to him - Sadly, or gladly rather, he loves money) also his Agent would have dismissed us 100% out of hand. It's quite obvious these politics are leading to Manchester City capturing one of the worlds best strikers, Samuel Eto'o.

markbmcfc said:
svennis pennis said:
wrongun73 said:
sky have finally put on their web page at 10pm what weve known all afternoon, that eto'o could still go to city.... dicks

Seriously, I used to think Setanta were shyte, but Sky really are taking the piss for the last 6 months or so. It started with the "Chief news reporter Brian Swanson" standing in the pissing rain outside the wrong building in Milan reporting completely the wrong thing on Kaka in January and has continued ever since.

LOL I miss Brian. He lightens up my day :)

Its alright. Brian can currently be found in South Africa talking utter shit to FIFA representatives about the wages we have reportedly offered Eto'o.

Deadline-Day-Logo-Simple-800_1858381.jpg

RobinJo said:
Chances of this be resolved tomorrow?

Hopefully it will do but I can see it dragging on.....hopefully Tevez will be unveiled tomorrow to take our minds off it....for a bit...!!

Lol. I'll never forget him stood in the pissing rain in Milan about 30 miles away from where negotiations were actually going on acting like he had an exclusive.

Funny.

Just in case you haven't seen this

Eto'o agent wary of new Barca offer
Samuel Eto'o's agent is suspicious of the motives behind Barcelona's contract offer and claims the striker may yet join Manchester City.
Eto'o: Could yet join City this summer
Following intense speculation and conflicting reports in the press in recent weeks, Josep Maria Mesalles called a press conference on Tuesday to clarify his client's situation.
In it, he revealed Barca have told him twice in recent weeks that Eto'o has no future at the club.
"We have had two meetings with the club and they have told us both times that Samuel is not in their plans for next season," he said.
Mesalles revealed his anger at claims made by Barca president Joan Laporta regarding Eto'o's apparently astronomical wage demands.
He said: "Laporta has come out several times and said that Samuel is demanding huge quantities of money, but that is absolutely false.
"We have not asked Barcelona for one cent this year and we haven't spoken to Manchester City either, so to say he is asking for all that money is completely untrue. That's why I called this press conference."
Mesalles received the offer of a two-year contract extension for Eto'o late on Monday night, a deal which would see the 28-year-old remain on the same wage until 2012.
"I don't know if they made the offer because they want him to stay or because they want to make money," Mesalles added.
"They want 30 to 35 million euros from his sale and that is unrealistic - he has one year left on his contract and they are asking for too much, especially in a year when he would play the African Cup of Nations and then the World Cup in the summer."
Mesalles confirmed that City have offered 25million euros and says his client may yet sign for the Premier League club.
"Samuel is very disappointed with Barcelona," Mesalles continued.
"If we find out for sure that they don't want him, then we will do our best to find him another club and Manchester City would be a good option.
"There are only about six or seven clubs out there who could afford Samuel, but Manchester City is one and they are a serious club."
Eto'o has won three league titles and two Champions Leagues with Barcelona, and his priority would be to play in Europe's premier club competition next season, Mesalles revealed.
But he claims City's absence from Europe would not deter his client from a move to Eastlands.
"In theory he wants to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there," he said.
Eto'o is now on holiday with his family and is planning to return for pre-season training on July 20.
"He will arrive in Barcelona on July 19 and will be ready for the first day of training and the medical exams the next day," Mesalles said.
"Samuel is on holiday, so nothing will happen until he gets back anyway - he will speak to [Barca coach] Pep Guardiola to see where he stands and we will go from there.
"There are lots of conflicting stories, but the only opinion that matters is that of Guardiola - if he wants Samuel to stay and the contract offer is serious, we would study it with all of the affection in the world.
"Samuel still wants to stay at the club, he loves it here and has great friends here - he said that he came here to win titles but I think he would be happy here even if they hadn't won anything."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.