Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

johnmc said:
Ok, i'll give him Stuart Taylor. You are right, it is a bit random to pluck it out of the air.

However if RSC is done and dusted why wait to annouce it? What benefit does it do anyone to keep it from going public?

On holiday. Not had a medical. And god knows he needs a thorough medical!

wrongun73 said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
I read he would be on about £46,000 per day if he went to City .
You should really tell this guy to do one .
if you want these sort of players, you have to pay the big bucks.
would you really tell him to do one if everton was in for him??

I would be utterly disgusted and turn my back on the club if they paid someone that much to be honest .

bluebrandon said:
i dont want a change of manager and i do want big names i am just been realistic, barry given bellamy are ok and big pats to everyone who got these players, but they are not kaka, ronaldhino, villa, etoo, tevez, ribbery, ronaldo etc none of which look like they are keen to come or ever wanted to come, that is fact to me, and if they do come it is not the lure of our great club or the high profile of mark hughes cook etc that makes them, it will be no other options available to the player or the vast amount of money available to pay them, to me that is not the right path to take at this stage for city. sorry if this offends its not meant to.
f you want to be realistic you have to realize that at this moment in time we are unable to compete with the likes of milan, madrid etc for glamour, prestige, whatever you want to call it, the fact that hughes is the manager not mourinho or whoever doesnt make a difference.
we all know its gonna be hard to lure top players away from top clubs. even that tit ray wilkins said yesterday that chelsea are struggling to get hold of the top players because the premiership is a hard league and some of these players take the easier option of staying in the same country or a similar one to the one their already in. we are behind these foriegn clubs in the glamour stakes so have to hope they come for the 'project' or pay them stupid wages. its not your money or mine so if it doesnt come off at least they tried, its better to try and fail than go back to chasing mediocre shite dont you think

Balti said:
On holiday. Not had a medical. And god knows he needs a thorough medical!

Not done if thats the case. Either it is or it isn't. You can't really say yes its 100% nailed on but the medical has not taken place. And if he is on holiday then the deal is not complete and therefore not 100%.

Only logical thing to me is that Cook has been on here, noticed RSC is not everyones cup of tea and is awaiting another signing to unveil him with.

wrongun73 said:

I would be utterly disgusted and turn my back on the club if they paid someone that much to be honest .

It's all paper talk about his wages, i'm sure of it.

wrongun73 said:

no you wouldn't

johnmc said:
Ok, i'll give him Stuart Taylor. You are right, it is a bit random to pluck it out of the air.

However if RSC is done and dusted why wait to annouce it? What benefit does it do anyone to keep it from going public?

i think city are keeping their cards very close to their chest, thats why nothing is coming out on ssn, the kaka transfer really bugged gary cook and everyone else at the club.

I can see a press conference being called very soon.....i can picture it know, mark hughes and gary cook sat there with smiles like cheshire cats and saying to the press.......

We would like to introduce our new signings that eveyone's been waiting for......tevez....eto'o....lescott.....kolo toure.....then cook & hughes can look at the faces of the a7sehole reporters who always have it in for us. Get up and walk off.

in the words of kevin keegan " i'd love it "

fair point i just feel its slightly embarrasing when nothing happens and we end up with rsc as has been the case so far with our targets, feet on the ground is what i recommend but hey its only an opinion,

wrongun73 said:

Its the shieks money though mate. If he wants to pay someone extortinate wages to play for our club then that is fine by me!

Its not like these wages would have to be paid by ourselves in ticket prices etc, in fact ours have gone down!!

wrongun73 said:

so youd turn your back on the club youve supported (i presume) all your life for chasing one of the best strikers on the planet... strange

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.