Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Darker shade of Blue said:
And if it doesn't go through ?

Everton will still be a strong team with or without Lescott .

I won't laugh mate - no doubt Moyes will find an suitable replacement. But isn't Jagielka out for at least the first 2-3 months. I think you might struggle with out Lescott and him. I know you have yobo and if this other guy comes in he will play but to be without your first choice partnership from last year could have an effect?

Jagielka wont play again this year almost certain, hes done his cruciate.

Players are never the same when they have had that injury anyway as well we know.

Well we can still have a good laugh at them for playing in that shithole and having delusions of Grandeur.

Everton fans seem to spend more time on here than their own forums these days. Come on admit it you want to jump ship and support a decent side !

[quote/]I would be utterly disgusted and turn my back on the club if they paid someone that much to be honest .[/quote]

haha what an absolute load of shit!

Regular Joe said:
Current odds for Eto'o:
6/4 City
6/4 Barca
4/1 Rags
5/1 Inter
16/1 bar

Looks like it's really in the balance, this one, although spursmad's info would lead me towards backing Barca if I were having a bet on this market.

In my opinion the only way that Eto'o will stay at Barca is if the bow down to his wage demands and I can't see that happening. BARCA WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO GO ON A FREE NEXT SUMMER!

Agree with that. Again they will probably pay him what he wants in the end. Virtually impossible to replace a player like that, certainly impossible with £20 - £30 million in this market.

Inter are a read hering. They could not pay his wages and only afford the transfer fee if they sell ibra for the daft fee they have put on him.

alera said:
Inter are a read hering. They could not pay his wages and only afford the transfer fee if they sell ibra for the daft fee they have put on him.

Sorry but how do people know what certain clubs can and cannot afford. I mean do we really know what eto'o is asking for. it seems we believe some stuff we read but not others. From what i have read Ibra is the highest paid player in the world. I don't know if that is true but if so they obviously don't mind paying big wages

I would be utterly disgusted and turn my back on the club if they paid someone that much to be honest .

you can't think that much of everton then. unless it's a hint of jealousy seeping out that is ;)

johnmc said:
Darker shade of Blue said:

I won't laugh mate - no doubt Moyes will find an suitable replacement. But isn't Jagielka out for at least the first 2-3 months. I think you might struggle with out Lescott and him. I know you have yobo and if this other guy comes in he will play but to be without your first choice partnership from last year could have an effect?

Yep , we are certainly concerned about a few things despite our brave front :o)

However , we faced this problem throughout the whole team last season , and somehow got through it all in one piece .
If we don't sell Lescott , we still have a problem regarding cover for our defensive positions , and if we do sell him , the problem escalates , but could be beneficial in other ways .
I'll keep this thread on topic though and let you get back to talking about Eto'o .

Sorry but how do people know what certain clubs can and cannot afford. I mean do we really know what eto'o is asking for. it seems we believe some stuff we read but not others. From what i have read Ibra is the highest paid player in the world. I don't know if that is true but if so they obviously don't mind paying big wages

I very much doubt that certainly not now with the recent transfers to Real. Very doubtful before.

If Inter are so flush why do they have an aging squad and adding OAPS from Chelsea. Common sense dictates they could only fund a deal for Eto if they sold Ibra for the silly £80 million fee they have quoted.

Italy is very much the 4th league in europe now behind the prem, la liga, and Bundasleague. Everyone associated with the game over there accepts that at the moment. They could never match the fees or wages offered by a big club like Barca or the top sides in the prem at the moment.

mikeyboy said:
I would be utterly disgusted and turn my back on the club if they paid someone that much to be honest .

you can't think that much of everton then. unless it's a hint of jealousy seeping out that is ;)

Everton wouldn't be Everton anymore if we bought the league , and paid the players that kind of money .
For over 35 years since I've followed them , the struggle has been part of the pleasure , in that when we did have success , it was so much more satisfying .

I can understand one club having to compensate another for a player , but not the wages the greedy little buggers get paid . That would be my biggest annoyance with Eto'o .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.