Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

I have a lot of respect for Everton actually. I think Moyes is a quality manager who ensures that Everton are able to punch above their weight somewhat. He has strong stances on keeping his best players and the chairman nine times out of ten backs him. They may not be blessed with our transfer funds but make no bones about it, they'll be up there fighting for a European place with us with or without Lescott. Moyes is fantastic in the transfer market, Louis Saha the obvious exception.

I'd love to see Lescott here but only if the tactics change from MH's point of view. We need better delivery from set pieces to utilise the strengths of players like Jolean Lescott.

C_T_I_D said:
I have a lot of respect for Everton actually. I think Moyes is a quality manager who ensures that Everton are able to punch above their weight somewhat. He has strong stances on keeping his best players and the chairman nine times out of ten backs him. They may not be blessed with our transfer funds but make no bones about it, they'll be up there fighting for a European place with us with or without Lescott. Moyes is fantastic in the transfer market, Louis Saha the obvious exception.

I'd love to see Lescott here but only if the tactics change from MH's point of view. We need better delivery from set pieces to utilise the strengths of players like Jolean Lescott.

Maicon! (please)

alera said:
Sorry but how do people know what certain clubs can and cannot afford. I mean do we really know what eto'o is asking for. it seems we believe some stuff we read but not others. From what i have read Ibra is the highest paid player in the world. I don't know if that is true but if so they obviously don't mind paying big wages

I very much doubt that certainly not now with the recent transfers to Real. Very doubtful before.

If Inter are so flush why do they have an aging squad and adding OAPS from Chelsea. Common sense dictates they could only fund a deal for Eto if they sold Ibra for the silly £80 million fee they have quoted.

Italy is very much the 4th league in europe now behind the prem, la liga, and Bundasleague. Everyone associated with the game over there accepts that at the moment. They could never match the fees or wages offered by a big club like Barca or the top sides in the prem at the moment.
Inter are owned by the Oil Tycoon Massimo Moratti who bought Ronaldo and Christian Vieri for a then World Record fee. They are Italy's Chelsea, and are the only Italian club who have continued to spend money whilst the rest floundered in the wake of the match-fixing scandal.

That is why they have been dominated Italian Club football. AC Milan maybe struggling to compete with Real Madrid and the Premiership, but don't put Inter in that bracket.

Darker shade of Blue said:
mikeyboy said:
I would be utterly disgusted and turn my back on the club if they paid someone that much to be honest .

you can't think that much of everton then. unless it's a hint of jealousy seeping out that is ;)

Everton wouldn't be Everton anymore if we bought the league , and paid the players that kind of money .
For over 35 years since I've followed them , the struggle has been part of the pleasure , in that when we did have success , it was so much more satisfying .

I can understand one club having to compensate another for a player , but not the wages the greedy little buggers get paid . That would be my biggest annoyance with Eto'o .
we've had to put up with more shite than everton fans over the last 30+ years and i for one think its fucking great that we potentially could be watching the likes of eto'o, tevez this year, having already bought one of the best midfielders in the country.
believe me mate if everton got took over by these sort of people all your morals would go out the window, you could finish 5th every year for ever more, would you be happy with that?

wrongun73 said:
we've had to put up with more shite than everton fans over the last 30+ years and i for one think its fucking great that we potentially could be watching the likes of eto'o, tevez this year, having already bought one of the best midfielders in the country.
believe me mate if everton got took over by these sort of people all your morals would go out the window, you could finish 5th every year for ever more, would you be happy with that?

Well 6th.

Bit of a theory:

- Dunne leaves for Sunderland
- Lescott comes in as his replacement
- This russain fella signs for Everton

Regular Joe said:
Current odds for Eto'o:
6/4 City
6/4 Barca
4/1 Rags
5/1 Inter
16/1 bar

Looks like it's really in the balance, this one, although spursmad's info would lead me towards backing Barca if I were having a bet on this market.

I think you confuse liklihood with peoples' betting habits.

If I pop into Ladbrooks and put £10m on ETO going to Stockport County, you know what their odds would drop to 5/4. I wouldn't mean it's going to happen though, would it.

I would be utterly disgusted and turn my back on the club if they paid someone that much to be honest .

Bwahahahahahahah

The funniest thing I have ever read on the internet

C_T_I_D said:
Bit of a theory:

or more likely

- Lescott stays where he is
- This russain fella signs for Everton to cover Jags

C_T_I_D said:
Bit of a theory:

or more likely

- Lescott stays where he is
- This russain fella signs for Everton to cover Jags

Clinging on for dear life I see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.