Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5418895,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 95,00.html</a>

Former Valencia president Vicente Soriano has stated that the club are under no pressure to sell their stars after receiving a €500million (£432m) boost.

The Primera Division side have struggled financially of late and further players were expected to leave this summer after Raul Albiol was sold to Real Madrid.

Attackers David Villa and David Silva have both been linked with big-money moves away from Los Che, but Soriano has eased fears of an exodus.

Soriano has regained control at Valencia and revealed on Monday evening that an investment group, Inversiones Dalport SA, is willing to pay €500m for the site of the club's old Mestalla stadium.

"The grand Valencia project was held up by the economic crisis," Soriano said in quotes carried in the Spanish media.

"The club had a serious liquidity problem which paralysed its plan for growth. The very existence of Valencia was under threat but this is no longer the case."

He added at a press conference: "We will not be obliged to sell."

Similar to what i posted the other day. Valencia don't look like they are going to sell which is probably what is holidng up our move for Eto'o. If Valencia are playing hard ball the only way Barca will get him is by paying through the roof and to do that they will need all of Eto'o's transfer fee.

Only thing on their side is Villa was promised a transfer this season if a good offer came in.

Can any Spanish speakers translate this Eto'o story properly, especially this last section. Online translations don't give a proper sense of whether it's speculation or something stronger:
Será nuevo jugador del United

Lo titulamos en su momento, Barça o United. Así debe ser, es la decisión más importante de su vida deportiva. Debe seguir en la élite, jugar la Champions y meter goles. Demostrar su ira en cada partido y luchar por ser el mejor. Así lo escribí y así lo pienso, debe olvidarse de que el Barça no reciba ni un euro, sentirse querido por una afición que le echará de menos. Es historia viva del barcelonismo, como Ronaldinho por más que la noche le confundiera, como Laporta y Rosell, como Ingla y Soriano, como Rijkaard y Guardiola.

Ir a City es empezar de cero, llenarse de millones pero caer de la élite. Acaba de golear en la final de Roma, 44 goles, 7 asistencias a sus espaldas en 60 partidos. No tira faltas, es horrible en los penaltis. Cristiano Ronaldo, 26 goles, 10 asistencias en 58 partidos con goles de penalti y falta. Una diferencia abismal en goles en juego entre uno y otro. Ese es el cómputo de ambos en todos sus partidos de la temporada 08/09, selección incluida. Uno vale 96 millones de euros, el otro saldrá por la puerta de atrás. Juegan en la misma posición, de ‘9’, así ha sido durante la pasada temporada. Eto’o debe tomar una decisión, la deportiva; en la humana todo su entorno sabe que tarde o temprano se va a quedar sin nada, lo que tiene lo da. Samu, no te equivoques.

Samu ha entendido que debe irse. Le ha dado luz verde al Barça. Espera noticias del club. No irá al City, ha entendido el párrafo anterior, ese era mi mensaje. El martes - miércoles de la semana pasada estaba en París, hoy está en Camerún. El futuro de los niños de su fundación que juegan en el Barça iba ligado con su futuro. Todos querían irse con él, le adoran. No pueden jugar en Inglaterra, el Barça es el mejor lugar para ellos. Samu entiende que el Barça se ha volcado con ellos y con su fundación. Por detalles como este, Samu olvidará que acaba contrato la próxima temporada, dejará que Laporta negocie un traspaso que dejará en las arcas del club 30-35 millones. El jugador pretende ganar lo mismo que en el Barça. Siempre ha pagado el 43% a la Hacienda española, no habrá problemas en adaptar su sueldo neto en Inglaterra. Vuelve la dupla Cole - York, serán Eto’o – Berbatov con Roonie en banda haciendo la diagonal y Owen en la recámara. Será del United. En Can Barça llorarán su marcha, los habrá mejores pero no tan importantes...

A friend of mine works at Charles de Gaulle airport and has just told me that Eto'o and his family are due to land there on Air France flight AF67 at 16:38.
Not being over optomistic that he will sign but at least now he is back on the right side of the world for us to get this business sorted one way or the other and very soon.

Only relaying what have been told, and the guy that told me has no axe to grind with any club in the EPL (he is French). All I do know s the flight mentioned was from LAX and with him having been reported as being in NY with some of his family then the connection does seem viable.

kinky's underpants said:
Only relaying what have been told, and the guy that told me has no axe to grind with any club in the EPL (he is French). All I do know s the flight mentioned was from LAX and with him having been reported as being in NY with some of his family then the connection does seem viable.

3000 miles apart... give or take

to be honest I am fed up with all the speculation now, I just want something to happen even if it is just confirmation that these players are not coming

kinky's underpants said:

you could always ask him to get a photo on his mobile if he can get close enough.... a tape recorder would also come in handy if he can question him about a move to man city ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.