Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

simon23 said:
I just cannot see him signing for us......

despite what his agent says....champs league football is important to him.

I wouldnt be suprised to see him take less wages to go somewhere like chelski or utd as they can offer him champs league and they are established at the very top (and it will be still a lot more than he is on at barca)

Eto'o doesnt come across as the type of person who would want to be part of a project...he wants the glamour and adulation now..not in a few years time when we might get there.

If another team do go for him...he will go there....and i think someone will go for him......ac milan (who are reportedly after fabiano), utd, chelski would all want him and there is no reason why they wont go for him....Imn ot falling for this line that neither chelski or utd wont pay his wages

Chelsea: Drogba, Anelka and Eto'o all in the same team doesnt work. They would need to sell one or I cant see that.
Rags: Already have Flop and Shrek Eto'o on top of this is overkill, have also signed owen.
Milan: Possible, have recently come into caqsh cos of kaka sale and need a striker. However I still feel eto'o would not go to Italy, its nowhere near as appealing as the spanish or premier league.

IMHO he will stay at Barca or come to us.

Boots_ said:
Mark Samarloam said:
just heard from my ITK source at the swamp that United are having talks with Thierry Henry about a potential move.

I doubt barca would want to lose both players so i personally think city need to tie this eto'o deal up sooner rather than later.

Regards
Maark

Did somebody push you off your chair as you signed off?

You sir, are a comic genius. I salute you.

Bazzmand Show said:
simon23 said:

I wouldnt be suprised to see him take less wages to go somewhere like chelski or utd as they can offer him champs league and they are established at the very top (and it will be still a lot more than he is on at barca)

Eto'o doesnt come across as the type of person who would want to be part of a project...he wants the glamour and adulation now..not in a few years time when we might get there.

If another team do go for him...he will go there....and i think someone will go for him......ac milan (who are reportedly after fabiano), utd, chelski would all want him and there is no reason why they wont go for him....Imn ot falling for this line that neither chelski or utd wont pay his wages

Chelsea: Drogba, Anelka and Eto'o all in the same team doesnt work. They would need to sell one or I cant see that.
Rags: Already have Flop and Shrek Eto'o on top of this is overkill, have also signed owen.
Milan: Possible, have recently come into caqsh cos of kaka sale and need a striker. However I still feel eto'o would not go to Italy, its nowhere near as appealing as the spanish or premier league.

chlesea.....i could see drogba going.....
utd..........most top prem managers insist on having 4 quality strikers.......berbatov, rooney is two, but owen will be used sparingly and there is still room for one more even with him....and they can afford him
Milan....milan have champs league (as do the other 2) so that would appeal more than what we can offer

simon23 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
simon23 said:

chlesea.....i could see drogba going.....
utd..........most top prem managers insist on having 4 quality strikers.......berbatov, rooney is two, but owen will be used sparingly and there is still room for one more even with him....and they can afford him
Milan....milan have champs league (as do the other 2) so that would appeal more than what we can offer

Cant see Drogba going, Ancelotti was a huge fan and tried numerous times to get him to Milan. He is also use to their system and I dont believe a new coach, especially chelseas, will risk changing the front pair which has been so effective for change's sake. Yes they say 4 qaulity strikers, but 4 qaulity strikers can mean Bellamy, Santa Cruz and Robinho and Eto'o. All qaulity but 2 are world class. I just dont think that United have enough room for Eto'o Rooney and Flop to keep them all happy. Rooney is desperate to play central and partner Berbatov. I can see them playing a much more conventional 4-4-2 this year, as their formation has for the most part been based around Ronaldo. Yes Milan have Champs league, but will they do anything in it? They have just lost their most influential player, and have an extremely old side in desperate need of an overhaul. I think people are overstating the importance of champions league imo. Dont fprget that Celtic and Rangers are in the Champs league, are they more likely to sign Eto'o if they become interested?

the delay of the transfer could be down to barcelona signing david villa and eto'o return from his jollys?

simon23 said:

Milan might be a worry - heard on talkshite last week they had only sold 400 (FOUR HUNDRED) season tickets so far for next season due to fans backlash over Kaka and Ancelotti departures so they may feel they need to do something in the transfer market? Hope not Eto'o though

barca need money first before they sign villa, hence them trying to worm their way out of payin eto'o his compo. IMHO

I also think that there is some mileage in announcing this deal when we go to south africa. Perhaps it will be then?

podgy_rodge said:
the delay of the transfer could be down to barcelona signing david villa and eto'o return from his jollys?

maybe
but i read the quote from his agent saying that eto was on holiday till mid july (something like the 18th) and when he returns he would return the next day to train with barca

so im dubious to how accurate this latest report is that eto is coming back from his holiday...unless he is just going form one holiday to another

Giles said:
Boots_ said:
Mark Samarloam said:
just heard from my ITK source at the swamp that United are having talks with Thierry Henry about a potential move.

I doubt barca would want to lose both players so i personally think city need to tie this eto'o deal up sooner rather than later.

Regards
Maark

Did somebody push you off your chair as you signed off?

You sir, are a comic genius. I salute you.

Pmsl...Now that's class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.