Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

MCFC-alan88 said:
simon23 said:
because yet again (as with the signings of Jo, samaras sibieski macken corradi, bianchi) we have bought a forward who will not help us progress.....

for 18m we could have paid eto's wage demands for a few seasons.......

the guy is injury prone

Im a MH fan but this is an average buy at best

What a rediculous statement.

Eto is reportedly after 190k a week after tax. that was what, 300k a week at least? That's about 15 million, So RSC would pay Eto'o's wages for a year, at most.

and in that year we would progress further in the table, sell more shirts, raise our profile in africa...all equalling a lot more income...he would pay for himself.....RSC may well spend half his time injured

Sky Blue said:
simon23 said:
I had hoped that this transfer window would be the one where we would get everything finally sorted in terms of a striker who can really make a difference......seems not unfortunately

Does the transfer window end tonight or something ?......Santa Cruz is a fucking good player and I am sure there will be other quality ones to follow!.....Just have a pit of patience.

Well said mate. Bunch of idiots on here today

Citycitytid said:
Sky Blue said:
simon23 said:
I had hoped that this transfer window would be the one where we would get everything finally sorted in terms of a striker who can really make a difference......seems not unfortunately

Does the transfer window end tonight or something ?......Santa Cruz is a fucking good player and I am sure there will be other quality ones to follow!.....Just have a pit of patience.

Today?

Citycitytid said:
Sky Blue said:
simon23 said:

its really starting to annoy me that people dont seem to realise we are after a squad not just a starting 11

What the feck is this talk as though we've had a choice between RSC and Eto'o and chosen RSC? Ridiculous. Ffs, it's pretty obvious that we've got an at best outside chance of landing eto'o anyway. Why are people talking as though eto'o had agreed to come?!

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Citycitytid said:
Sky Blue said:
simon23 said:

its really starting to annoy me that people dont seem to realise we are after a squad not just a starting 11

I find the reaction a bit unbelievable we've been after RSc since last summer and the rumor of him signing have been going for weeks

We'll not be signing just one striker ....... I think we'll could well be signing 3 as we are going to be getting rid of some of the dead wood up front and for some reason I think Bojinov may well be off.

Santa Cruz is a player that we have been missing for years, He scores different types of goals, I dont understand why people arnt happy. Its a building process at the club, the owners want a top 6 finish, and whoever dosent think that Santa Cruz isnt good enough for a team in the top 6 in the premier League needs there heads checked!

Anyhow is it possible to take this thread back on topic as having 2 hysterical thread about RSC is a bit much

nickson71 said:
Anyhow is it possible to take this thread back on topic as having 2 hysterical thread about RSC is a bit much

Ok, I submit the following conspiracy theory. Our strikers are now RSC, Bellamy, Bojinov with Tevez a target. Left wing is covered by Petrov and Robinho, right wing by SWP and Elano. One strikers role for four players therefore, UNLESS: The plan is to play Tevez, if we get him, as a right wing-forward, ahead of SWP. In that case Elano would move out, most probably to Inter Milan. Which leaves us with two players for every one of three forward positions, plus an extra forward.

In short, where would Samuel Eto'o fit in? I know you'll say "he'd be the number one" but that would surely mean that one of Bellamy (just signed) or Bojinov (just reassured of his future) would move out. Therefore, this thread is dead to me. Goodbye.

Dobsy87 said:
nickson71 said:

Ok, I submit the following conspiracy theory. Our strikers are now RSC, Bellamy, Bojinov with Tevez a target. Left wing is covered by Petrov and Robinho, right wing by SWP and Elano. One strikers role for four players therefore, UNLESS: The plan is to play Tevez, if we get him, as a right wing-forward, ahead of SWP. In that case Elano would move out, most probably to Inter Milan. Which leaves us with two players for every one of three forward positions, plus an extra forward.

In short, where would Samuel Eto'o fit in? I know you'll say "he'd be the number one" but that would surely mean that one of Bellamy (just signed) or Bojinov (just reassured of his future) would move out. Therefore, this thread is dead to me. Goodbye.

must have missed the Bojinov reassurance

But if a top quality player comes avaible and he is interested in a deal offered by us we'd be stupid to turn it down as the owner want us to get to the top

if may take time but if a big player can short circuit this then we should be in for them.

At the moment nobodies position is guaranteed so we'll just have to wait and see

If Eto'o makes his wage demands something that is more agreeable we should tell him to get lost as we have Bellamy, Bojinov, RSC and possible Tevez?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.