Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

we were made to look like muppits with the kaka thing back in january, if it was dragging on then we did the right thing in walking away and ending the interest in eto. well done to the club. because if we hadnt and in a couple of days eto rejected us it would have been in the papers and we would have been slated.

C T I D

Plan B

Peter crouch lol joking

whp.blue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Huge blow, no other way of looking at it.

would hate this guy to turn up at the rags !
i think this will force the club to ensure we sign tevez the club have had too many setbacks with failed bids and we need to show we can sign top players or we could be made to look like a laughing stock !

and we still need a top notch goalscorer

The media will make us out to be laughing stocks no matter what, i think us City fans need to stop caring what the media say about us, fcuk em all.

Absolutely gutted if this is 100% true end of:-(

I fear now that this will prevent any of the other potential signings to rethink. Wish we could have closed this deal sooner, looks like we were being had all along. I hope he ends up being rejected by Barca for messing them around too!
Gutted absolutely gutted! Bet sky sports are loving it!!!

Damocles said:
GStar said:
Damocles said:
Blue Coop said:
We would only have walked away if the player said no to us.

Stop trying to convince yourselves otherwise.

We walked away because it was dragging on, and the club didn't want to be embarassed at been a last resort. That's the exact opposite effect that we are going for.

Proof? I think people will say that because its what they want to believe.

If it turns out to be true then if a stupid move. I suspect were jumping before we were pushed.

Your story has the same proof as mine (apart from the fact that I have the OS to back me up)/

we tried and we failed the transfer team realized that obviously came out of the situation, it seems that eto'o is as stubborn as has been reported by the looks of it by playing games with barca as we all now from last season with them wanting to sell him.

Its good that we've pulled out of a deal that was getting a bit stupid.

Its bad news however that ANOTHER high profile target we have failed to sign. For whatever reason, we just cant seem to close them. Ronnie, Kaka, Terry?, now Eto'o.

Gutted that unfortunately, theres no other striker of Eto'o's ability thats available at the moment.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
There are fifty days of the transfer window left...don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

True but it would be nice to get players in early so that they can go through a pre season with us.

svennis pennis said:
Good news. It seems as though the deadline was actually real and we have fucked them off. 2 weeks of publicly playing silly buggers with us.

"Ooooo Sammy wont answer his phone..."

I know many will be disappointed with this but to be honest it is good news, I imagine someone else has become interested and it was going to drag on and on.

Well said.
Let's move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.