Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

BlueMark said:
spacecadet said:
levets said:
sqblue said:
i don't think we've heard the last of this.

Neither do I....

first rule of negotiation.... be prepared to walk away... Then you won't get shafted...

Levets- usually never far from the mark - agree with you on this one mate

I agree guys, didnt Tolmie talk about Barca and Eto'o Pr ? Well maybe we have done some major PR here too. However not sure how this will work that we still get him...
Let's wait for his update. Maybe he can still give you good news.

i just heard radio five 5 live that we are not going sign Eto'o due to the circumstances surrounding the player

ffc where are the people saying we will sign Eto'o i don't want him in city shirt becuase he is twat

I guess that's what Mr Cook said about "some disappointments'

All this stuff in the press though about big spenders Real and City.
We have only got 3 players in and one of those was a free.

I still think Barry will be our best signing, no matter who else we get.

Still gutted though

levets said:
Damocles said:
levets said:
sqblue said:
i don't think we've heard the last of this.

Neither do I....

first rule of negotiation.... be prepared to walk away... Then you won't get shafted...

Hmm...see what happens over the weekend. I think that this is probably over though.

Maybe... Mr Cook needs to embellish his statement though... I think people need to know the reasoning.....

What do you mean Levets ?

Great player, would have been an awesome signing.
We have done the right thing and moved on, he obviosly had issues to resolve with Barca, and we have issues too, and two weeks of hanging around in limbo is plenty, we have games to win in the premier league and we need to have our squad together and prepared.
The window shuts August 31st, I would suggest we shut our incoming window by 26th July, so that our squad is not concerned about anything else but the Blackburn game. Well done the management.

MonsallBlue said:
Blue Coop said:
With Current players:

----------------Given-----------------

Zab----Kompany----Onouha----Bridge

---------------De Jong----------------

Shauny --- Ireland --- Barry --- Robbie

----------- Santa Cruz ---------------

Still looking at Top 6 i rekon, apparently Bojinov is looking in quality shape too.

I agree, Gareth Barry will make one hell of a difference to that left side. Bridge should shine now. Or he better had do
I don't see the West Ham's and Everton's of the world losing any sleep facing Santa Cruz leading the line every matchday.

People talking about PR. I think your clutching straws.

The only way this could work is if a loyalty fee has been agreed and Barcelona have no way to look like there forcing out of the club because of the contract extension, so we force the issue and they publically come out and say "Fine, we will sell" sort of thing. And then we buy.

Still, how silly does that make all parties look, its over in my opinion.

The contact between the two clubs will still be there, imo.
However we should tell them to fuck off until they can turn up here with documentation of all loyalty payments agreed and all the player has to do is sign on the dotted line. if they cant provide that then I dont want us to ever do business with them again. Well done Cook and all involved.

I never want us doing business with Barca, Real Madrid or AC Milan. The problem you get with these clubs is that all their presidents need to be voted in. Nobody wants to lose face. Fuck them all off and deal with teams whose politics dont stand in the way of business. Again, well done Cook.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
MonsallBlue said:
Blue Coop said:
With Current players:

----------------Given-----------------

Zab----Kompany----Onouha----Bridge

---------------De Jong----------------

Shauny --- Ireland --- Barry --- Robbie

----------- Santa Cruz ---------------

Still looking at Top 6 i rekon, apparently Bojinov is looking in quality shape too.

I agree, Gareth Barry will make one hell of a difference to that left side. Bridge should shine now. Or he better had do
I don't see the West Ham's and Everton's of the world losing any sleep facing Santa Cruz leading the line every matchday.

No doubt we will buy Defenders but even so, look at the midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.