Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

I, for one, am glad we've knocked this back. Not that I don't want Eto'o mind, just the fact that always thought that Barca coveted citys cash and thought that we'd be weak enough to pay the laoyalty bonus for them.

They wanted us to entirely fund their new strikeforce. If we would of gone down that route we might as well of lubed up our own arse and bent over the barrel for every other club, agent, and transfer we would approach in the future.

Hows about offers in for Torres and Shrek now to put the cat amongst the pigeons. ;-)

We were being pissed about. We've made the right move. There are other fish in the sea.

As for the comments about him going somewhere else I'm not sure too many clubs are gonna be prepared to pay what we were, especially as he will move as a free agent next year.

Of much more interest who else have we got in our sights. Maybe TFM is gonna be proved right. lol !!!!!

jay-lofty said:
So spursmad was wrong. Maybe he planned to get driven off the board because of the shame of getting one wrong ;)

Maybe, maybe not. His assessment was that Barca had said yes and Eto'o had said yes. Those facts may be true and Eto'o or his agent then sought to get some more out of the situation.

There has been some doubt about City's deadline but that has proved correct.

We shall have to see where the clear and strategic plan B takes us.

Great news, I'm already happy with just players who always ready to give 100% for the club like RSC, Bojinov, Bellamy and Caicedo. Glads the club just walked and left this mess behind.

The stumbling block was always going to be the loyalty payment, we weren't prepared to pay it, neither were Barca, player was never going to forego it, stalemate. The brinkmanship could have gone on to the end of the window and we could still have lost out so in my opinion no matter how much we might have wanted the player, better we pull the plug and go for other targets whoever they may well be.

bluethai said:
Great news, I'm already happy with just players who always ready to give 100% for the club like RSC, Bojinov, Bellamy and Caicedo. Glads the club just walked and left this mess behind.
Bellamy wanted to sign for Spurs the day before he signed for City.....

Bluephoria said:
jay-lofty said:
So spursmad was wrong. Maybe he planned to get driven off the board because of the shame of getting one wrong ;)

Maybe, maybe not. His assessment was that Barca had said yes and Eto'o had said yes. Those facts may be true and Eto'o or his agent then sought to get some more out of the situation.

There has been some doubt about City's deadline but that has proved correct.

We shall have to see where the clear and strategic plan B takes us.
But if Eto'o say yes, why City didn't wait a bit longer? I think Eto'o only told City some positive thing, but dont have intention to join City in fact. City found that out and pulled out the race.

im sorry but i cant see us getting terry either, and maybe even tevez, they are model profeesionals who i think will look at this as a failure by the club, although im glad its over and like i said no player is bigger than city, i think cooke set us up for this with his statement this morning, and im sorry and ino i will get a public hanging for this but i think we will sign a couple more average players, robinho will be pig sick

Hi Guys

I don't know a great deal about what exactly has happened. I do know though that the order to pull out came from Khaldoon. He gave instruction to get an answer within the next 48 hours (pretty much in the public domain) but he has given the order to pull out less than 24 hours into it. Like I say am not sure why it got pulled so quickly but it's obviously to do with info that only the very top peeps are privvy to. I am sure it will all come out in the wash soon.

This does now mean that the Rags have a chance of getting him, whereas before they had none.

However if they do, Tevez should lessen the blow!

I say well done MCFC for being positive.

We will be calling his bluff. Just showing that no one walks over us so we flex our muscles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.