Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

happyblue. said:
MonsallBlue said:
Happyblue:- In your opinion how do you feel this will affect the rest of the so called "done deals"? Tevez, Lescott?

Not one jot mate, Tevez is as nailed on as you can get without signing (let today be a warning though!!) Lescott is agreed but not signed.

Seriously mate I think today has shown nobody should count their chickens until the player is holding up the sky blue shirt.

Agreed!!

This has shocked me as i know how much we wanted him
Good to see that we're willing to walk away rather than be fucked about even with your top priority targets though

DontLookBackInAnger said:
svennis pennis said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
svennis pennis said:
I never want us doing business with Barca, Real Madrid or AC Milan. The problem you get with these clubs is that all their presidents need to be voted in. Nobody wants to lose face. Fuck them all off and deal with teams whose politics dont stand in the way of business. Again, well done Cook.
Well in the case of Milan is needs to get voted into the country too!!

Haha true, but can you see my point? Dealing with these people is far to complicated with politics attached to every deal.

Im delighted we have walked away. It looks as though Tevez should be completed by Tuesday and that to me will be a perfect front line. As good as anyones in the league.
I said the same thing last summer after the Ronaldinho deal, but if anyone doubts how far we have come in 12 months, if we were to bid for him now it would hadly be news.

Very true. I have to say unlike the Kaka outcome when I could of crushed a grape, Im not in the slightest bit gutted about this. Yes i wanted him but he was not a necessity. Im pleased for Roque as long as he can stay fit. He has wanted to come here since before our takeover and hopefully he will lead our line with passion!

happyblue. said:
MonsallBlue said:
Happyblue:- In your opinion how do you feel this will affect the rest of the so called "done deals"? Tevez, Lescott?

Not one jot mate, Tevez is as nailed on as you can get without signing (let today be a warning though!!) Lescott is agreed but not signed.

Seriously mate I think today has shown nobody should count their chickens until the player is holding up the sky blue shirt.
Unless he signs for Lazio of course!

Tbh honest guys i am abit gutted that we havnt signed him. But lets look at it in the possitive way. We have just pissed on BARCELONA'S chips yes thats right the champions of spain and europe. We have just called the shots and showed that we dont get fucked around and i am glad in a way that we have pulled out of this deal because we can say that he didnt reject us we told him to feck off.

Also it wouldnt suprise me if we went in for Aguero. Mates with Tevez and hopefully if we get Tevez then he will be able convince him to join and then Chelsea would be really pissed off haha. So keep our heads up guys this is not something to be embaressed about we should be proud that we are not mugs any more.

CTID !!!

jwm92 said:
fabiano or aguero would do me fine

Fabiano looks strong enough for the Prem, I'd say.
He'd have Robbie here (maybe not Elano) and he'd be able to pop down to Gio's church in Hulme.

Rammy Blue said:
classic sales negotiating technique being utilised by City...."the take-away close"

our money is no longer on the table and we have walked off, let's see if Barca come running after us to drag us back to the table.

we lose nothing now, fuck Barca and Laporta and they are the ones who are going to have to look twats now if they want our cash.

the reason has to be Barca or Eto'o expecting us to buckle and pay the loyalty bonus.

well done Khaldoon.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.