Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Because the way I see it, is, Eto'o is still on holiday, so it's not like he was going to sign straight away in any case.

Pigeonho said:
If that gets ddeleted there's somethign wrong with how this supposed freedom of speech forum works.
It was also explained last night that this is not a freedom of speech forum, that it has a code of conduct for posters to stick to, hence no freedom.

jellert said:
Shooter 83 said:
Pidg, Spursmad said everything was agreed with Barca and Eto' and it was just a case of Barca and Eto'o sorting the problem at there end, hes got nothing wrong.

True but everybody is wrong sometimes. We don't want him to leave because he was wrong ones
I think like Happyblue. said last night Spurs mad has top draw info and we shouldent slate him to much, but he did get carried away and say the deal was 100% done when in hindsight he should of said 95%.
From what i can gather from all the info out there is that the deal was agreed in principle by all partys and the problem lies at Eto's feet (maybe changing his demands or playing us for more time for a top european CL club to join the race for him) but I dont think there will be bad feelings between us and Barca

to me it is quite obvious why we have pulled out.

see if Barca panic and come chasing us when they realise we were offering the most cash they will get for him, and then more importantly for City is that we did not want to miss out on bidding for other strikers while we held out for Eto'o - not many strikers have moved clubs yet so bids for people like Fabiano, Villa, Zlatan, Forlan, Aguero, Huntelaar etc can be made now - i am not saying i rate all the players listed and would expect City to be in for them but it was just a rapid selection of first half dozen names that jumped to mind.....

i know some of the names listed may not fancy a move to us but we could not chase them properly until we pulled out on Eto'o.

as has been said above IF Barca are going to come running after us then they wil do it very quickly when they realise ours was by far the best offer they were going to get.

bluemoon32 said:
Shooter 83 said:
Pidg, Spursmad said everything was agreed with Barca and Eto' and it was just a case of Barca and Eto'o sorting the problem at there end, hes got nothing wrong.

It'll be interesting to see if another club manages to sort it out & actually sign Eto'o, if that happens then we will know that the problem was a little bit more from our side.
Another club coming in and tying up the deal doesn't really mean anything. It would seem that City and Cook have now opened a chasm between the player and club, that someone else could now use to their advantage. Maybe a team in the chumps league with less money to spend.

squirtyflower said:
bluemoon32 said:
Shooter 83 said:

It'll be interesting to see if another club manages to sort it out & actually sign Eto'o, if that happens then we will know that the problem was a little bit more from our side.
Another club coming in and tying up the deal doesn't really mean anything. It would seem that City and Cook have now opened a chasm between the player and club, that someone else could now use to their advantage. Maybe a team in the chumps league with less money to spend.

Sorry, that's what i meant, if he signs for someone else then it was obviously where our club is at this moment in time that was the sticking point.

squirtyflower said:
bluemoon32 said:
Shooter 83 said:

Exactly. Our fans are always so quick to belittle OUR club yet get pissy about it when the press or others do so.

Project said:
squirtyflower said:
bluemoon32 said:
Shooter 83 said:

Exactly. Our fans are always so quick to belittle OUR club yet get pissy about it when the press or others do so.

It's hardly belittling our club to think that players would prefer CL football, surely ?

Shooter 83 said:

^^^this^^^
that was my understanding of what was said too. i think certain people were a little quick to jump on the slagging off spursmad bandwagon.

it's a shame to say it, but i think ducado's list is largely to blame for these wum/witch hunts.

I was gutted last night - Eto is a great player but maybe too much too soon.

With regard to us making a quick signing so we can all not be upset by our red friends forget it. Hughes has said time and again we won't buy players for the sake of it

With Robbie RSC and hopefully Tevez likely to be front three is it a bad thing we didn't get him?

I believe if we buy another hes more likely to be a quick physical player rather than another racy shortarse (a la bellamy, swp, bojinov, tevez, robinho)

Only one i can think of is Hutelaar....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.