Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Gutted about ete but who knows bara may come crawling back. there is still a bit of good news the longer we wait the more intrest our owners are making on their dosh. perhaps we should wait until deadline day terry may be a free buy

I believe that if Eto had been genuinely interested in joining City we would have been patient. I don't think he was genuinely interested and so what are City to do? Keep waiting for someone who is obviously reluctant and so ultiamately be embarassed and miss out on alternative signings?

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Maybe there is a reason that the call for patience was published so close to us then pulling out of the Eto'o deal ? You can twist it to suit either argument but what you cant twist is the message ! Just be patient,when the windows closed and you know whats gone on then people can make an informed and educated decision on the success or failure of this transfer window.
Bob on,at least Cooky came out and told us!lets hope there arnt too many more dissapointments,Tevez in the next couple of days would be nice,lets sign one before another lets us down.

Getting a superstar obviously sends a message to the football world but the other way of reading it is that by saying we will not be pissed about also sends a message.
If you want to join a club that is obviously going to be massive in the coming years, fair enough, if you don't then its your loss. Just don't come running to us when we're champions of europe!

LETS BOO THE FUCKER!!!!!
Samuel Eto'o hopeful of making £18 million Manchester United move

he Barcelona striker's agent, Josep Maria Mesalles, is optimistic that the English champions will make a formal bid of £18 million for the Cameroon striker tomorrow.

Manchester City publicly ended negotiations with Eto'o on Friday evening, having grown exasperated with the length of time the transfer was taking. City made a bid of £25.5 million for Eto'o and, because he only has a year left on his contract, left it up to the player and the club to decide how much of that Eto'o would get as a pay-off.

It is understood the player wanted as much as a £13 million share, on top of the wages of £200,000 per week City were offering. City will now concentrate on wrapping up a deal to sign Carlos Tevez, expected to be confirmed this week, and on their continued pursuit of Chelsea's John Terry.

United would be able to get Eto'o for significantly cheaper than City, with the 28 year-old eager to play in the Champions League. One source in Spain suggested that United are prepared to offer Eto'o £150,000 per week, but said there is a problem with his demand for a four-year contract.

Sir Alex Ferguson is apparently a long-standing admirer of the player, who scored the opening goal against United in Barcelona's 2-0 Champions League final victory in May.

Eto'o's wage demands have painted the player into a corner. His relationship with Barcelona has deteriorated dramatically, culminating in his rejection of a proposed contract extension – sent by text message - on the same wage terms of his current deal, believed to be £130,000 per week.

He made it clear he wants to leave on Friday, having been angered by comments made about him by Barcelona president Joan Laporta.

Eto'o's other options are limited. Long-standing suitors AC Milan have decided to try and sign Brazil striker Luis Fabiano from Sevilla instead, while Inter Milan and Chelsea have identified targets in other areas.

Barcelona are desperate to sell Eto'o rather than lose him for nothing next summer. David Villa of Valencia is their first-choice replacement, with Diego Forlan of Atletico Madrid their back-up.

Eto'o, however, may choose to play a game of brinkmanship and wait until the end of the window when Barcelona may be forced to drop their asking price.

Calm yourself mat. They won't be after another striker, and Eto'o has demonstrated that he wants big $$$, which United will refuse to give him. This is just the spanish version of the sun making shit up, at most his agent 'leaking' a rumour to try and spark some interest.

I also don't understand this whole "Eto'o is desperate for Champions League football" thing. Why? He's won it twice. I appreciate he'll want to keep playing at the top level but one or two seasons out of the CL isn't the end of the world. I thought the City challenge would have been good for him. Eto'o obviously wants big cash and will just see out his contract to acquire it when signing somewhere on a free.

Anyway, we've gained nothing but lost nothing. Eto'o, on the other hand, has made his position at his club indefensible and his life in Barcelona very awkward for a year. Barca have no money. So, instead of three winners, what we have is one neutral and two losers. Good work Mr. Mesalles, Mr Eto'o, Mr. Laporta. Well done, no really I applaud you.

Dobsy87 said:
Calm yourself mat. They won't be after another striker, and Eto'o has demonstrated that he wants big $$$, which United will refuse to give him. This is just the spanish version of the sun making shit up, at most his agent 'leaking' a rumour to try and spark some interest.

I also don't understand this whole "Eto'o is desperate for Champions League football" thing. Why? He's won it twice. I appreciate he'll want to keep playing at the top level but one or two seasons out of the CL isn't the end of the world. I thought the City challenge would have been good for him. Eto'o obviously wants big cash and will just see out his contract to acquire it when signing somewhere on a free.

Anyway, we've gained nothing but lost nothing. Eto'o, on the other hand, has made his position at his club indefensible and his life in Barcelona very awkward for a year. Barca have no money. So, instead of three winners, what we have is one neutral and two losers. Good work Mr. Mesalles, Mr Eto'o, Mr. Laporta. Well done, no really I applaud you.
the moment we pulled out you could smell it was the rags

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.