Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Farmer Blue said:
Pam said:
Farmer Blue said:
I just wonder if we've given Chelsea a clear run for their co-operation on Terry. Its doubtful but stranger things have happened, like Owen becoming a 30 goal a season machine on the same day he joins the scum.

Do we really want to give Chelski £40 mill?

Like I say its doubtful, and I don't think for a minute that it is why we pulled out but its not impossible. And if we were to take a top 4 clubs talisman then yes, I would get him bought.

Pulled out of what? Are we talking about Terry or Eto?

Farmer Blue said:
Pulling out of Eto'o deal to facilitate deal for Terry if Chelsea are interested in Eto'o.

Got you. Hadn't even thought about it in relation to Eto but you have a point. Hard to say if Eto would go to Chelski or not. Probably would, if he's burnt his boats with Barca but I think he would prefer to stay in Spain if there is any way he can.

Pam said:
Farmer Blue said:
Pulling out of Eto'o deal to facilitate deal for Terry if Chelsea are interested in Eto'o.

Got you. Hadn't even thought about it in relation to Eto but you have a point. Hard to say if Eto would go to Chelski or not. Probably would, if he's burnt his boats with Barca but I think he would prefer to stay in Spain if there is any way he can.

Damnation!!!

I can't see any reprieve with Barca now. I think he's as good as out the door but has messed his nest with us by dithering and being over greedy in his loyalty bonus. It still wouldn't surprise me to see us reignite interest in a fortnight.

Pam said:
Farmer Blue said:

He can't stay in Spain but...
Him and Barca I can't see reconciling.
Real doesn't need another striker and he also played for them before and doesn't like them very much now.
After Barcelona won the 2004–05 La Liga title, the team organized a festive party in the Camp Nou, during which Eto'o harangued the fans chanting, "Madrid, cabrón, saluda al campeón" (roughly: "Madrid, bastards, salute the champions").
None of the other Spanish teams could afford to spend £15-20m on a striker, nor could they even come close to affording the wages...

Farmer Blue said:
Pam said:
Farmer Blue said:

Damnation!!!

I can't see any reprieve with Barca now. I think he's as good as out the door but has messed his nest with us by dithering and being over greedy in his loyalty bonus. It still wouldn't surprise me to see us reignite interest in a fortnight.

In the real world, you'd be right, but we're talking about football and it's amazing how much the demands for success can make them play nice all of a sudden and get on with it, if and when it suits. I still think Eto believes he can stick it out and seems willing to do so. Nobody else is in for him. Not yet, at least.

His agent definately met with people from United today, i don't know if they want him but i know that meeting happened today. Could just be his agent whoring him around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.