Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

We rejected Eto'o, Samuel Eto'o is a City reject, if anyone of our competitors sign him then I will ridicule them for signing our rejects.

de niro said:
the thing is eto seems an arsehole, we may have dodged a bullit, i keep thinking why would barca want rid, he's just won them the CL.

i'd chance it mind.

I agree, I think he would cause unrest in the changing room but would be willing to take the chance if we can sign him.

If Barca want to revivie a bid they are obviously willing to come to some compromise on the loyalty bonus. Said article states that this is the problem (the mirror article). If this is the only stumbling block on potentially signing probably the best striker in the world then we need to give our heads a wobble and just pay it. Forget all the 'we showed them' bullshit. We'll be showing them fuck all when Santa Cruz gets injured and we're stuck with playing Big Phil again all season.

Just seems completely the wrong deal to try and prove a point. If there is even a chance we can get him we should be going all out. Afterall that is what we are doing with John Terry right?

de niro said:
the thing is eto seems an arsehole, we may have dodged a bullit, i keep thinking why would barca want rid, he's just won them the CL.

i'd chance it mind.

You are probably right mate- I still think City are playing games by Friday's announcement

ono said:
If Barca want to revivie a bid they are obviously willing to come to some compromise on the loyalty bonus. Said article states that this is the problem (the mirror article). If this is the only stumbling block on potentially signing probably the best striker in the world then we need to give our heads a wobble and just pay it. Forget all the 'we showed them' bullshit. We'll be showing them fuck all when Santa Cruz gets injured and we're stuck with playing Big Phil again all season.

Just seems completely the wrong deal to try and prove a point. If there is even a chance we can get him we should be going all out. Afterall that is what we are doing with John Terry right?
Exactly. You cant find other goalscorers like Eto'o in this environment anymore. With Eto'o, Tevez and Robinho leading the front line, JT leads the defense and Barry, Ireland maserminds the midfield, City could possibly challenge for the EPL title next season. :)

spacecadet said:
de niro said:

i'd chance it mind.

You are probably right mate- I still think City are playing games by Friday's announcement

It seems to me that they want a deal sorting and that they are now licking their wounds, and at still think that somthing can be sorted and by tuesday. City are now playing in the big boys league, and barca madrid and the rags need to realise this and if a deal can be reseurected then i am sur it will a very public admission of mistakes by barca.

de niro said:

i'd chance it mind.

My personal belief is that Eto'o had agreed to come, almost everty "ITK" had stated this. However Barca were mucking us around with so called loyalty payments and such. The 48 hour deadline may have actually been given to Barca, rather that Eto'o. Barca now realised we are serious and are probably hopeful they can still deal with us. I think they realise no other clubs are going to give them a decent concrete offer for the player. However, if Eto'o is not answering calls etc, it shows a distinct lack of proffesionalism to both Barca and City. I just have this strange feeling that Eto'o will be lining up at Ewood Park next month.

Bazzmand Show said:
de niro said:

i'd chance it mind.

My personal belief is that Eto'o had agreed to come, almost everty "ITK" had stated this. However Barca were mucking us around with so called loyalty payments and such. The 48 hour deadline may have actually been given to Barca, rather that Eto'o. Barca now realised we are serious and are probably hopeful they can still deal with us. I think they realise no other clubs are going to give them a decent concrete offer for the player. However, if Eto'o is not answering calls etc, it shows a distinct lack of proffesionalism to both Barca and City. I just have this strange feeling that Eto'o will be lining up at Ewood Park next month.

i have the same feeling

de niro said:

i'd chance it mind.

I've been thinking the same myself, but didn't want to post it, because it sounds a bit too much like sour grapes. If he is an arsehole, he is a very, very, talented arsehole. I'd seriously doubt if he would see out the full duration of any contract, but if he scored the goals that got us into the Champions League next season, he would have been a chance worth taking. My gut feeling is that he has made his preference for another club (mentioning no names) known to us, and we've pulled out of the deal early to save some face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.