Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

johnmc said:
backagain said:
No a year loan at the 5h1te no wages to pay...save them between 5 and 7 Mil a year?¿¿?¿=?=

Yep and even with a £5m loan fee thats worth £12m to barca. If eto goes they need a replacement who would prob cost the same in wges or near as dammit. Therefore £5m loan fee for someone they were just offered £25m for.

Can't see him at Utd. They have Berbatov, Rooney and Owen alredy. Owen might be happy with being 'rotated' but I can't see the other two being happy with it

Blue Hefner said:
Can't see him at Utd. They have Berbatov, Rooney and Owen alredy. Owen might be happy with being 'rotated' but I can't see the other two being happy with it

Owen takes tevez role on the bench, three pronged attach with either eto or rooney on the left side - both have done it before. I see it as a possibility

johnmc said:
Blue Hefner said:

Owen takes tevez role on the bench, three pronged attach with either eto or rooney on the left side - both have done it before. I see it as a possibility

I know but I though this was 'Rooneys' year' and he was gonna show everyone what a great centre forward he was in the run up to the World Cup? Anyway it all be revealed in the fulness of time I really hope he doesn't go there as I've had a bet with a mate who is a Utd fan that he comes to us so it would be a doublw whammy if he went there

It seems the NOTW is the paper that are determined to make this happen. They are the only paper running it and they are the same paper that ran that he had signed for us 2 weeks ago.

The story has no quotes re: the rags and an off the cuff remark is twisted to fit them. What irks me is once again they are running that he snubbed us ( yawn ) makes for a better story as they cant really run that the rags go for a player city decided they didnt want.

Apparently Barca were last night trying to get this deal to happen

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/12/barcelona-try-in-vain-to-reurrect-man-city-deal-for-samuel-eto-o-exclusive-115875-21513068/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21513068/</a>

I think if they come crawling back we should go back in for on the condition that they get the deal done within 48 hours or something like that.

Bluemer said:
I think if they come crawling back we should go back in for on the condition that they get the deal done within 48 hours or something like that.

If they come crwaling back, which I gaurentee they will because nobody will pay that much for a player with one year left on his contracct, Im not sure the City board will agree to it. Barca showed how amatuerish they were in these negotiations by playing stupid games in trying to worm out of the payment to Eto'o.

Bazzmand Show said:
Bluemer said:

If they come crwaling back, which I gaurentee they will because nobody will pay that much for a player with one year left on his contracct, Im not sure the City board will agree to it. Barca showed how amatuerish they were in these negotiations by playing stupid games in trying to worm out of the payment to Eto'o.

Also they were the ones that broke any NDA by going public with the "Stratospheric offer" comments, without them maybe we would have given them a little longer as there wouldnt have been the same public focus.

Bazzmand Show said:
Bluemer said:

I agree, it seems as though Khaldoon lost patience with them, probably feeling he was being treated like a fool by the football 'elite'. Perhaps he decided time had come to make a stand or be treated like a fool over and over again. Although I can't see him going back in even though I wish Eto'o was a City player.

Bazzmand Show said:
Apparently Barca were last night trying to get this deal to happen

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/12/barcelona-try-in-vain-to-reurrect-man-city-deal-for-samuel-eto-o-exclusive-115875-21513068/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21513068/</a>

Great article for a change!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.